Default Robbing Question

I have a weak hive that I am thinking is being robbed by a stronger hive near by (50 feet). I have put an entrence reducer on the weak hive to help them. The other hives have honey in supers now. Should I start feeding the weak hive as the summer darth is about on? Or will the robbers take suryp to their honey supers and give me some sugary honey???I made this into a seperate post from my other question because they r two seperate issues to me. I hope you don't mind.

I would think feeding the weak hive would only further increase the robbing. The bigger hives will be economical in their foraging and go to this easier, closer source of food if the small hive can't defend themselves. Could you move the smaller hive away and then feed it?

I would recommend feeding the weak hive using a good top hive feeder. I would also reduce the entrance to 3/8 or 1/2 inch. If the weak hive can not protect itself at that point, remove the feed and let the hive go. When the robbing is done put away for next year.
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I would recommend feeding the weak hive using a good top hive feeder. I would also reduce the entrance to 3/8 or 1/2 inch. If the weak hive can not protect itself at that point, remove the feed and let the hive go. When the robbing is done put away for next year.

Why not add bees from another hive to it to make it a larger hive? It worked for me.
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesrobbing.htm

If you're concerned that the weak hive will starve, steal capped honey from the strong hives.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF