Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

End of flow- question

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gingerbee 
#1 ·
Ok I have a hive that has done well considering it started off as a pkg 14 April. This hive has 2 brood boxes on and a full super of honey. This super is uncapped. I looked today and there is nice looking honey in the super and it is full-every cell! I added an additional super a week or so ago but they have not drawn any comb in the new super. According to other beeks reasonably close to me the flow is very near the end and the summer darth is about tho begain ant any day. When I looked today I saw lots of bees head first into the full cells of the super. With that background now my questions: How do I tell if they are consuming this honey or still working on it? If the darth is here will they eat it or finish it as stores?

#4 ·
Looks to me more like a 50/50 chance. Part of the season they're filling those cells and part they are emptying them. Now, if you know for sure you are in a flow or dearth you could probably make a more educated opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.