Hybrid View

Default honey/beeswax moisturiser recipes?

Does anyone have an organic/natural recipe for hand lotion/moisturiser?
    I have a great lip balm/all over balm recipe that I'll exchange...[I know there are a lot of lip balm recipes on here already, but I haven't seen this one so far]

1 tablespoon grated beeswax
    4 tablespoons almond oil
    1 teaspoon honey
    contents of one vitamin E capsule or 4-5 drops vitamin E oil

Heat wax and oil over very low heat until wax melts. Remove from heat and add honey and vitamin E mixing well. Pour into a small wide mouthed jar and allow to cool, stirring occasionally to make sure the mix doesn't separate. Add EO's according to preference and skin safety.

It's a great substitute to petroleum based products for cracked and dry skin, and makes a good basic lip balm. It only takes about 10 mins to make, and makes just one pot so there's no fussing with unwanted leftovers.

So....can anyone see my balm recipe and raise me a lotion recipe...? ;-)

can you make mead??

How should do it for good taste?

Viethoney

Quote Originally Posted by viethoney View Post
    can you make mead??Viethoney
    Hi Viethoney and welcome to Beesource.
    There is a forum here specifically dealing with meadmaking.
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=256
    Enjoy!
    Sheri

Default Re: honey/beeswax moisturiser recipes?

Quote Originally Posted by harvest View Post
    Does anyone have an organic/natural recipe for hand lotion/moisturiser?
    I have a great lip balm/all over balm recipe that I'll exchange...[I know there are a lot of lip balm recipes on here already, but I haven't seen this one so far]

1 tablespoon grated beeswax
    4 tablespoons almond oil
    1 teaspoon honey
    contents of one vitamin E capsule or 4-5 drops vitamin E oil

Heat wax and oil over very low heat until wax melts. Remove from heat and add honey and vitamin E mixing well. Pour into a small wide mouthed jar and allow to cool, stirring occasionally to make sure the mix doesn't separate. Add EO's according to preference and skin safety.

It's a great substitute to petroleum based products for cracked and dry skin, and makes a good basic lip balm. It only takes about 10 mins to make, and makes just one pot so there's no fussing with unwanted leftovers.

So....can anyone see my balm recipe and raise me a lotion recipe...? ;-)
    I always buy pure beeswax moisturizer at morenature.com because it is seriously the best lotion I have ever used for my eczema. I'm looking at the ingredients list on the side of the container and their beeswax moisturizer is made from raw beeswax, coconut oil, almond oil, apricot seed oil, beta carotene, vitamin d, vitamin e, and lavender? hope that helps...

Try lotion bars...1 cup clean melted beeswax, 1 cup shea butter & 1 cup coconut oil. add 1 tsp of vit e oil. melt all together and pour into muffin pan or silicone mold. everyone I know loves them.

Lightbulb Re: honey/beeswax moisturiser recipes?

[QUOTE=harvest;336009

So....can anyone see my balm recipe and raise me a lotion recipe...? ;-)[/QUOTE]

I have one that I used beeswax, organic virgin olive and coconut oil, honey, and vit E. Its a bit oily but works great. Heals cracked skin and lasts several handwashings. I started using it as a night cream and hair conditioner too. I can look for recipe tomorrow.
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 30 hives, TF

Harvest, you will like this site:

http://asonomagarden.wordpress.com/2...eeswax-lotion/

I cut the recipe in half and added a tablespoon of honey

"How to Make an Easy Beeswax Lotion

1 c. olive oil
    1/2 c. coconut oil
    1/2 c. beeswax (I prefer the pastilles for easy melting, if using solid beeswax use 2 oz.)
    1/2 t. Vitamin E oil (or about 5 capsules cut open and squeezed out) (optional)
    20 drops (approximately) essential oil (optional)

Combine olive oil, coconut oil and beeswax pastilles into a pint sized canning jar. Put this jar into a saucepan and fill the saucepan with water until it comes 3/4 of the way up the canning jar, being careful not to get water into the oil mixture. Put on the stove over medium/low heat. Heat and stir occasionally until melted. Let cool to room temperature either by leaving out or quicken the process by putting into the refrigerator. During the cooling process, put a fork into the jar and stir vigorously every 15 minutes or so. Once at room temperature, add in the Vitamin E and essential oil. That’s it. You have lotion!"
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 30 hives, TF