Default Screened bottom question

How can a screened bottom(IPM) give an accurate mite drop count? If you run 2 deeps and 3 medium supers(I do).
    A mite dropping from say the first medium is unlikely to pass 2 deeps and make it to the bottom screen. So I don't see that I get an accurate mite count.
    Just my 2 cents.
    If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it. If you build it, they will fill it.

Most beeks I know aren't doing much monitoring of mite levels, when supers are on.

JT

the point is to follow the trend -is the # going up? steady? and base your decisions on that information. good luck,mike
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

I don't think I am gonna leave the screened bottom on for winter. I don't think it is a good idea. I haven't seen any bad mite counts so I might not use (IMP) anymore.
    If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it. If you build it, they will fill it.

Brushy Mt. sells a screened bottom board with the slide-in coroplast board if you want to monitor mite drop. I think you can micro-manage anything to the degree you desire.

Many beeks are finding screened bottom boards even work well in cold climates because of better ventilation. Some beeks just plain don't like them for the same reasons they don't like plastic foundation or permacomb or styrofoam hives
    Banjos and bees... how sweet it is!