Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Of Course

The bees do all the work!

Didnt get the flow off the canola I expected, still came in over 100lbs / hive at a 2mm colour. Happy with that.
    Extracting sunflower now, it seemed to flow about average,
    and now, with that rain we got last week and just last night, the buckwheat has turned on and is flowing better than i have ever seen. Alfalfa is starting to pick up nicely.
    I put boxes out last week, something I have never done before this late.
    We shal see how long of a flow we get this fall.

If it runs long, I am going to take it and focus on colony prep later. Not much can be done with v mite now until late in fall anyway, looking at oxalic treatments. Doubt formic will work with well with this funny weather we are haveing, and checkmite and apistan done seem to work any more. Going to run them into mid September before I strip them to feed.
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Anyone notice the vapourizer Cowen is offering? Expensive, 3000-5000$. Teats 4 at once, controls the temp of the vapourizing and allows you to meater the treatment dose as you work.
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

We have had an almost non-stop bloom this year thanks to abundant night rain and sunny days. Started with 200 nucs this year and already pulled avg. 25 lbs/hive of basswood the 3rd week of July which was followed by a fantastic teasel/knotweed/clover/ and other early August Crop.(including a large loosestrife bloom I could do without) The Golden Rod is at about 20% bloom and looks like it will be a thick one. You can smell it 50 yards away. Haven't seen this kind of bloom since 1996. I would expect a fall flow of 90-100 lbs a hive judging from past years, maybe a bit more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12