Default Dead Bee Question

Ok, I have a queston about some dead bees. My sister found 22 dead bees in a room in her basement. The only exposed wall, not underground, is an east facing wall. There are no windows, and the only two doors are, one that opens into a finished basement, and one that is at the top of the steps going out into a garage. The bees were found lying on the floor, and she counted 22 dead bees.

They do not see any bees flying in the area of the the exposed wall, and the floor joists to the second floor are exposed and no bees are present, and no sign of colonization.

There are two openings in the wall, one for a dryer vent, covered with mesh. and one for the air conditioning system.

Any ideas.

(I would have more information, but she lives about 16 hours away.)
    Ron

scout bees looking for a new home that got trapped inside

Default Wisconsin Swarm Season

Is this too late for swarms in Southern Wisconsin? That is what I was thinking, and even asked her if they had an exterminator on monthly contract to spray for spiders and ants. I was thinking that they were scout bees that got into some pesticide. But being trapped sounds good too. It is a curious thing to me.
    Ron

It's not even close to too late for swarms in WI.

Default Where in WI

Where are you located in Wisconsin.
    Ron

Wink

They can still swarm here in Milwaukee I lost one last week at my other location I have less bees in that hive now and their was a queen cell open in the brood box. We are about two weeks behind due to the weather to much rain.
    Wishing you all the best of tomorrows and good honey