Default Feeding bee's honey from cutout

My question is, what's the best way to feed the bee's my honey I got from a cutout? I have maybe 10 gallons to give them. Should I run it through a strainer bag first or let them pick through it? etc?
    Thanks

Zane ...I just finished a double hive cutout . I put a lot of the comb in frames but still had two boxes of comb/honey . I placed it on a tarp and let the bees rob what they could after a couple of days flipped it over for two days , then collected the comb to melt down in a wash tub and strain the wax. I didnt see any robbing as a result of that perhaps if there wasnt a flow on I might have...Rick
    Turn stumbling blocks into stepping stones

Default feeding bee's honey

I already used up the good comb next to the hives. I put the rest of my honeycomb in tubs to melt them down. This stuff has alot of pollen and misc. mixed in. I dont really want to put the tubs out in the open. I'd rather use this honey for my 2 weaker swarm hives to strengthen them up. The surrounding hives are doing good w/o feeding them.

Default refeeding honey

Zane do you have a bee candy box??

if not you can make one or two. I made one for each of my hives, it is about 2.5 in high and as big as my hive bodys, I have a hole in the middle about 3/4 X 2 . I put it on top, under my inner cover, and put cut out burr comb or baggies of sugsr water in them to feed. they can get to it, but only the hives I give it to. the others don't even know it is there. if you put the comb in it, only put what they can clean in about 3 days. I have found if I leave it there longer they want to start gluing it down af comb to work with.. lots of luck!!! hope this helps.....

hi there, can you guys please clarify for me, the method and reason to feed bees honey. Here in australia, we are encouraged strongly never to let the bees have honey, only what they have produced themselves. The reason is because it encourages robbing. Isnt that a bad thing to encourage.

Thanks
    Dave

It can also be a way of transfering diseases from one hive to another.

put it above the inner cover on the weaker hive. Make sure it is uncapped they will bring it down.

Default Feeding bee's honey

-I figure feeding them honey over sugar water was a no brainer? Why would something bee's live on over winter bee bad?
    -The honey I am feeding isn't bad since the hive from the cutout that I got the honeycomb from is sitting close the the one I want to feed and doing great! All my hives ate honey from the the cutout comb.
    -BigBore, Thanks for the info.- I could use a shallow super and put some honey in something like a bowl or ?
    -I wondered if I watered it down(ie like a sugar water solution) and put in a screened top feeder or screened frame feeder that they would get some water and food in a feeder designed not to kill the bee's, I figured putting in a bowl of honey might get alot of bee's stuck in the honey killing them?
    -Any Ideas on how the feed this weak hive the honey melted from the comb?

if you have an empty shallow, put it on the frames and place piece of cardboard inside(just big enough to put a quart baggie on). put the honey in the baggie ( about half full) and lay it on the cardboard. put 2 slits in the side of the bag once you have it laying in there. (doesn't work well until then... I know first hand LOL!!!!) slit from bottom toward zipper seal. about 2 in. on the flat of the side. they will crawl on top, and eat through the slits, but not colapse the bag... honey fed, bees not stuck. I fed sugar this way before I build the boxes. the only reason I use the boxes, is because I can remove the baggies to check the hive with the boxes, couldn't with the baggies on the frames. good luck..

Default feeding honey to my bee's

That would work just fine wouldn't it? I didnt even think that way!!! Thanks for waking me up!!! I'll put some on today! lol
    Thanks Bullseye!!! dont tell anyone I was so slow on this idea!!!!ha ha

Still courious about other ideas if anyone has tried something else???

I've been thinking along these lines too. I am interested in recovering as much of the wax as possible, so I want the bees to rob out the honey and leave me the wax.

On the couple occasions where I have left crushed comb\cappings out on a tray for the bees they have gotten all stuck in the honey and quite a few bees died. They seem to do fine to rob cappings that are pretty dry, but if there are puddles of honey on the tray, they seem to get all caught up in it.

I too am looking for better methods.

Right now, the only method I have used successfully is to crush and strain the cappings/comb into my cappings tank and let it drain for a day or more, rotating it several times each day. It gets pretty dry this way. Then I can set it on a tray for the bees to rob.

Now what I need are stackable restaurant trays that will fit inside a deep hive body. I would add feet to the bottom of each tray so that they stack one atop another with space for comb and bees between each one.

Does anyone know where to get custom made restaurant trays or other custom made injection molded plastics like this?
    Troy