Thread: TBH to Lang

Default TBH to Lang

I've got a couple of lang. hives and one top bar hive that I built just for fun..... well Its not so much fun(the top bar hive ) and I'm looking to put these bees in a Langstroth. Any sugestions? I'm not sure how to do it.

Default re

I'm guessing rubber band to the frames like a cut out

I'm no expert, but I try to help when and where I can so here goes-

I would remove the brood comb carefully and cut it to fit the new frames, tie it in. You'll damage some doing this but be as slow and careful as you can. There are many ways to do this, google for pictures and you'll find lots of suggestions. You could also give them frames of honey and pollen, cut out the same way, then the rest frames of foundation to draw. If you have access to any drawn foundation use that. Transfer the queen into the new hive and shake the bees into it. If you have a hive top feeder I would put the old comb in it and let them rob the honey out of it. I've done this with comb and it works fine. Close it up and wait awhile.

The brood will hatch and as it does you can replace this tied in comb with frames of new foundation.
    Try to learn something new every day and give thanks for all your blessings.

ok i'll try it

It's a standard cut out only much easier to get to the combs:
    http://www.bushfarms.com/beesferal.htm#removal
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF