but please define your operation size in terms
of number of hives.

Thanks!

joanne thomas and jim fischer
bee-quick@bee-quick.com

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
gotter did

Oh that would be priceless! I'd love to see Rat entertain a city dwelling lady used to wearing shoes and having glass in the winders. :D
Applied within:p 20 grand up front will buy a few hives 50 grand will put me in bullseyes ball park. Only because I have the psycho wife to bring in the cash:D And Jodie and Buffy says "only if you had hung on to yours uncle Bill.":eek:

#9 ·
Sorry, tecumseh, pets won't do.

I think that the idea here is to contrast the "parenting skills"
of the different parents.

One person asked via e-mail if the wife could be the beekeeper,
rather than the husband. Maybe others know if the husbands
are ever swapped, but I don't see why the husband would have
to be the beekeeper.

I've never seen the show, as it is clear and compelling proof that
TV has not just become the "vast wasteland" that was predicted
in 1961, but that a much older quote is also once again true:

"The people long anxiously for two things, bread and circuses."
--Juvenal

But, $20K is $20K, so it is not my place to question anyone
else's motives, as it would seem clear to me that they would
have 20,000 reasons. I have no kids living at home myself,
so I don't have to grapple with the decision, and can "earn" a
few drinks acting as a "casting consultant" to the assistant
to the assistant to the dog walker of the producer, or some
such nonsense.

#11 ·
> From what I've seen that is a whole lot better than
> keeping the one they give you!!!!

I don't know who first defined the terms clearly, but:

a) "Bigamy" is defined as one wife too many.

b) "Monogamy" is exactly the same thing.

Therefore, it seems clear that all marriages are
examples of the triumph of hope over experience. ;)

#15 ·
Well....ABC, NBC, CBS, and all the others combined don't have enough money for me to even consider the proposition. The lady I met 34 years ago is still by my side, and there isn't a better one on the planet as far as I'm concerned. And I'll guarantee that there are four kids who will back up my contention that there isn't a better mother either.

Now if the storyline involved shipping Dad off for a couple of weeks in exchange for $20,000 or maybe even a couple of movie passes......

#18 ·
Well....ABC, NBC, CBS, and all the others combined don't have enough money for me to even consider the proposition. The lady I met 34 years ago is still by my side, and there isn't a better one on the planet as far as I'm concerned. And I'll guarantee that there are four kids who will back up my contention that there isn't a better mother either.
QUOTE]

She's standing right behind you reading what you type, isn't she...:eek:

#21 ·
Be careful, the real producer is named "Rebecca", and is an ABC
employee, and I've never heard of "Elishia". Apparently, there
are "head hunters" out there who want a percentage of the
money you would be paid in exchange for "giving you an
interview".

I'll check with Rebecca, and see what she has to say about this.

#23 ·
I'm not sure the fifteen minutes of fame is worth the hassle or $20K. We have six kids from age 4 to 16, cattle (one that we milk and eat the rest), goats, sheep, chickens (laying flock and pastured broilers), dogs, cats and bees. They are all a sideline and would probably make for very entertaining TV. We live in a house we built ourselves and until a year ago were entirely off the grid. The weirdness alone would probably make us great candidates. I will not even consider it though because I'm sure my wife wouldn't take me back and I'm not sure anyone else would want me. 17 years and I'm still not house trained.:D

#26 ·
You are correct about that. My wife loves the show. They'll send over a wife who is the exact opposite of you!!! Than theres whats called "Rule Change Night" where the new wife lays down the law!!! We have kids and everything, me and the wife discussed this venture. We wouldn't do this for a million dollars.

The new wife would make you spend less time on the bees or even get rid of your bees, etc...

She will change your whole lifestyle. They go out of there way to find an exact opposite of you to make the show interesting.

Than, at the end of the show, they have "Meeting Night" where both couples exchange ancedotes about the how the exchange process went, etc. I've seen fist fights brew during these meetings!

#25 ·
If anyone can verify what IndianaHoney is saying about the
money having strings attached, please do.

If this is the case, then I would consider getting involved with
care, as $20K spent the way someone else thinks it should be
spent is not $20K cash.

I will try to get in touch with the producer at ABC today, and find
out just what kind of shell game these people play.

If I was mislead, I would regret having suggesting this to anyone,
and I would retract my suggestion that anyone get involved.

#28 ·
I don't understand who you would swap a beekeeping wife with?

A drone rights activist?

A wasp keeper?

A family that raises pure bred Varroa mites for the show circuit?

A family who has a son off fighting in the war against honey?

What exactly is the opposite of a beekeeping wife that's worth making a show out of?

#29 ·
What exactly is the opposite of a beekeeping wife that's worth making a show out of?
An up town, up tight, high heeled, poshly-dressed, prissy type who thinks food products come from a grocery store delivery boy. Saw "The Bee Movie", and still thinks the bees are kept as slaves with no mutual benefit and should be set free. (As we all know, no living being has the right to own another living being) One who feels nothing can be learned or taught from bee keeping and the lessons of life, hard work, survival skills, and cooperative lives they lead. One who feels interaction with nature and the outdoors is that annual weekend ski get away in Vail.

She's my kinda girl (not)! I can't wait to watch this episode; only saw it once and laughed when they paired some city gal with a *******. They surely can't just toss people together without some coaching to get ratings, but maybe so?

#32 ·
I spoke with the wife a few moments ago... Heres what your new temporary wife will be like:

If you eat meat, she'll be a vegetarian activist.

If your wife cooks dinner and does laundry, this temp wife will insist you do it.

She will most probably have a very different religious beleif than you, and try to convert you.

If you keep a "lived-in looking" house, she will be a neat freak, or vicy-versy.

If your kids are decent and responsible people, hers will be heathens, and her parenting skills and advice will be opposite of yours.

If you have a pretty wife, your temp wife will be ugly as home-made sin.

The list goes on and on...

#34 ·
Wow! I'm a Christian, and all I could say when I saw that video was "where are her antipsychotics? Can someone find her pills please!?" I'm sure there are some wacky people who claim to be Christians, but I've never met anyone like that. Kind of seems fake to me.

Anyway, I have to agree with others here. If you do this show, expect to be forced to lose your hives. And like I said, don't expect to spend any of that 20,000 on bees, because the replacement wife gets to tell you how to spend the money.

#35 ·
Jim are they looking for a full time Beekeeper or someone with around 25 to 30 hives? The idea in intriguing but scary I have watched the show and it would be my luck to wind up with a hard core Vegan. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.