Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Norton Russian Queens - hello anyone home?

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tlozo 
#1 ·
anyone else having problems getting any response at all from Chuck Norton?

I and many others ordered queens from him this spring and he was unable to complete the order. I had to chase him down to get any info at all. The order was 2 months late and he never offered any communication to keep me informed. Many many calls and emails were never answered at all.

I finally canceled a month ago and have still not received my deposit. I think Chuck is a great guy and heck of a queen breeder and I'm not suggesting he has any bad intentions.

Bottom line: his customer services sucks and is pretty much non-exsistant. How long does it take to keep up on your email on a daily basis?

My suspicion is he got in over his head this season on queen breeding and did not have the resources to fill his orders and take care of the office side of the biz.

#2 ·
I have never dealt with the guy. On his web site he says the weather caused him to get way behind, but that all the queens are coming due now. Still doesn't explain away bad customer service.

http://www.mybeebusiness.com/

"BOOKINGS: Russian queens are available: Call or e-mail for openings or waiting list placement. Now booking from July 28th (Tier-1) and August 12th (Tier-2) to about September 10, 2008.

Please Note: All orders require specific delivery dates and require confirmation (call me or email me). I can only produce so many queens per month and I can only pull and ship so many queens in a day; and, the weather will always play a factor in all stages of production. A slip in production caused by weather will result in a slip of all work in process. If you have concerns or want to know how your queens are coming along please call me. If you want to know when your queens either shipped or will ship please ask.

I will schedule or reschedule your queen shipment(s) when you call or email me."

I guess if you can get him to answer your calls or email he just may ship. :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Luckily I live close enough that I called Chuck and we pulled my queens. I only waited for two years. Chuck is a good guy, but I think with the Russian breeders program and the other aspects of his buisness it has become overwhelmig. The Queens that I did get are laying very well.I released them on Saturday and today I have 4 to 5 frames slammed full of eggs and small pupae!!

#4 · (Edited)
sign me pissed off

I would not question Chucks intelligence or his ability to raise queens. I can't say enough good things either about pure Russian bees either.

But I should get around to telling Chuck straight up if I could ever reach the guy - his customer service REALLY SUCKS. Not returning multiple phone calls and emails after weeks and weeks is inexcusable and I'm not the only one this has happened to either.

Like try getting your deposit back too........................

I don't understand it frankly - how long does it take to rip through 25 emails in an hour with quick replies etc.

Poptart - pls pass along my frustration since he apparently does not read his email or check phone msgs!

#6 ·
Chuck Norton not shipping queens

I would not question Chucks intelligence or his ability to raise queens. I can't say enough good things either about pure Russian bees either.

But I should get around to telling Chuck straight up if I could ever reach the guy - his customer service REALLY SUCKS. Not returning multiple phone calls and emails after weeks and weeks is inexcusable and I'm not the only one this has happened to either.

Like try getting your deposit back too........................

I don't understand it frankly - how long does it take to rip through 25 emails in an hour with quick replies etc.

Poptart - pls pass along my frustration since he apparently does not read his email or check phone msgs!
Bud, did you ever get your queens? I have never received my queen. I should have received her in June. If I every get her now I am afraid she may not be well mated this time of year. Oh well, from things I have read a lot of people have been having problems with him.

Charles: :mad:

#5 ·
Won't do him any good to have the best Russian queens around if no one will buy because they are afraid of being ripped off. The bee community is pretty small..word gets around quick...I wouldn't let up till I get my deposit back or some bees Bud.

#9 ·
Im also having Norton problems

I prepaid for two queens in Feb for $59.45 with paypal and Norton acknowledged my order with an estimated delivery date in May. Not hearing anything from him I sent him an email and he told me on June 5 that he would reschedule next week. At the end of June I canceled my order and asked for a refund. On July 15 after another email from me he said he would send out a refund the following week. I have emailed him a number of times since then and have received no response. I tried calling last week and both of his numbers have full answering machines. Would never order from him again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.