Hybrid View

Default What to do with fermented syrup?

I have about 10 gallons of syrup left over from last fall. It has the slight smell of fermentation. I would really hate to see this stuff go to waste. Is there anyway I can still use this stuff? Is there anyway to remove the alcohol? Could I mix up more syrup and dillute the fermented stuff down?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuleluder View Post
    I have about 10 gallons of syrup left over from last fall. It has the slight smell of fermentation. Is there anyway I can still use this stuff? Is there anyway to remove the alcohol?
    Is there a way to use it???........ DRINK IT.....

Is there a way to remove the alcohol???...... DRINK IT....

Sugar and water fermented and distilled is Vodka......

To be more specific, is there anyway I can use the syrup for the bees?

I wouldn't use it on the bees. Maybe others have and can offer advice, but it doesn't sound like a good idea.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Default Just a thought

You might be able to boil it down like the process of making maple syrup. I think the alcohol would evaporate. There might be concern about caramelization though. Add more sugar and make fondant? Ten gallons is a lot though. Just a thought!! DON'T take my word for it!! lol.

Fermentation happens in nature all the time. The creatures know how to handle it. Go ahead and feed it to the bees.

The most you will see is a few bees getting arrested for FUI...."flying under the influence".