Thread: Escape board

Default Escape board

I hope this isn't a silly question....How many boxes can go above an escape board? Yes...it's all capped honey...no brood. In the past I've only placed the escape board under 1 box at a time...it worked very well. This years production is very good with a couple of colonys stacked seven mediums high(4-5 being honey), so I'd like to do as many at one time as the bee's will allow. Thanks.

Default how many

as many as you want, however the more you have above the slower to clear. how about the "shake and brush" method? it works flawlessly but my bees get angry at the brushing so be well suited if you do this. i'm doing a trial with a leaf blower this weekend, reported to work very well also. good luck,mike
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

I use triangle boards. I set one on some 4x4's on the bottom, put 3-4 supers full of bees on top and then set another triangle board on top. Come back 24hrs later and pick up the empty supers. I do check to see if all frames are capped once the bees are off. If some are not, I put them back on the hive.

Fuzzy

Thanks Mike..yeah...did the shake n' brush a few years ago...got tired of the upset bee's after the brushin'. The escape board really made it nice to just take away te super the next day.
    Fuzzy...I had not thought of taking the supers completely off the hive like that. That would work well for what I need to do.
    Thanks for the feeback!

Fuzzy...how far from the mother hive do you place the supers for bee-clearin'?

Am I correct in assuming the top triangle board goes on upside down to stop any bees from entering from above?