Thread: Forums

Default Forums

I have come in contact with a few new Beekeepers lately that have been to the site, but were not aware of the Forums. I suggest that the home page of BeeSource be changed from "The Exchange" to "Forums".
    Thanks
    Curtis

Your're right Curtis. I still keep scratching my head trying to figure out how I ended up here on beesource. I know I didn't click on The Exchange....I think I did I google search and the thread itself appeared. My lucky day huh??
    ~What do you know there's so much to be done
    Count all the bees in the hive, Chase all the clouds from the sky~

I'll third this. I keep telling people to go to Beesource.com, but many can't quite figure how to get to the forums. They need to be highlighted better on the home page, methinks.
    Sheri

ditto

/agree

Also, on the main page. When I click 'More in this thread..... ' is takes me to the forums and not the story described.

Is it just me?

I agree had to have direct directions to get on here.

Lightbulb

I always wondered why the bulletin board is not called a bulletin board? Most people know what a bulletin board is, forums is not quite as well known, and an exchange is a what? I know it's supposed to be the exchanging of ideas but that is only obvious to those in the know.

I think it should be called 'Bulletin Board'.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

There are a lot of things with the Beesource site that are outdated, not working and in need of work. Lots of dead end links also. I am working on a complete redo of the site structure and design. Most of the content will remain, but the navigation will change, along with the integration of the forum. It will get there.
    Regards, Barry

i can never get reply figure every one here does not like new comers

Quote Originally Posted by rmhcattle View Post
    i can never get reply figure every one here does not like new comers
    nothing could be further from the truth I see a lot of new members that get answers. dont believe look at a lot of the new post look at the date they joined. Has a suggestion You might look at how your asking the question so people have a better understanding of what you are trying to find out. or you might just be the one that stumped the panel of experts

Well, rm, since you have only started one post and received 3 replies to it, I don't know why you are complaining. Maybe you should study the first reply. With 7 or more misspellings and even more grammatical errors in 3 lines of type, no one really knows what you are asking. I just took a stab at it, hoping I was in the ballpark.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220665

iddee, I think that English might be the 2nd language, might be Spanish or Phonics. I for 1 will try to understand and answer the questions. I thought you did a great job with the question and those pics. Thanks for sharing. By the way is there a web site I can see your vac at?
    Curtis

I thought the same. I ran an international business for 20 plus years, so am used to working with "second language English". I also am aware of how many people cannot comprehend it, so will not try to reply to a thread from them. That's why I attempted to help him or her. There is still spellcheck when using the computer. I would expect him/her to either use it or expect that others will put forth no more effort then he or she does in asking the questions.

PS. I sent you a PM on the vac, so as not to hijack this thread.

Lightbulb

I don't mind hi-jacking the thread.

Curtis, go to my Myspace and look at my pics under the equipment album. It's Iddee's vac with a few little improvements on my part. It's a great little machine and hardly kills a bug when the flow is set right.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

>Curtis, go to my Myspace and look at my pics under the equipment album

Guess I'm overlooking it--- can't find.

Nice myspace page!!!
    sc-bee