Default Question about feeding patties

Can we use 2 feeding patties, one in between 1st and 2nd brood box (for convenient access for bees in 1st brood box) and one on top of 2nd brood box?

By all means, YES

Unless you have a dearth of pollen, I wouldn't feed pollen. Is that the kind of "patties" you mean?
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    By all means, YES
    Thanks Keith.

I would think that a second patty if needed would be just as good with the first one between the brood chambers. On top, it may collect moisture, and may also be out of reach from the bees that need it, on top of a barrier of honey. They will eat it just as well in the middle of the brood chamber as they would anywhere else. And it probably will not dry out or become moldy as quick compared to it sitting on top of the bars. If you want to feed the hive two patties, why separate them? I see no advantage.

Pcelar,
    some food for thought,

While it is warm you can get away with putting patties on top or on the bottom.
    As the wheather begins to change you will need to hone in on the brood nest area for your pollen sub..

Thank you all for your input.

@BjornBee- this is stuff I bought from you. Bees love it.

I started with 4 frame nucs in the beginning of June. Now I have added 2nd deep brood box. I want bees, bees, and more bees, before weather cools down in Western NY area. I am not interested in harvesting the 1st year. I want (hopefully) STRONG colony for the second year. So I want brood, brood and more brood, and, at the same time, I want to ease the trips for the girls. THAT was the reason why I asked my question.

@Michael Bush- Yes I mean pollen substitute. So my idea is to fill up my behive with maximum number of bees for the long WNY winter.

@Keith- Thanks