Hybrid View

Question I had a call for a swarm/no bees/wasp

If you go out to get a swarm and the people don't no wasp from bees do you charge for the trip?

I asked him questions like how big the swarm, are they on a branch, how long they have been there, He said they were bees and yes to all I got there it was a paper wasp next in a juniper shrub
    and what you u charge if anything?
    Thanks
    Wishing you all the best of tomorrows and good honey

I haven't charged yet, and don't plan on it. But I always ask:

Have they built a nest? (Mud or paper?)

Are they underground?

If they say yes to either one, I'm not going unless it's within biking distance

And anytime they say "So and so looked at them and says they're bees." I get REALLY suspicious. People who claim to have kept bees themselves in the past have sent me after yellowjackets!

I charge $1 a mile each way with a minimum charge of $20.
    Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Taken!

Default free isnt always free

how much money did you have wrapped up in providing this free service. Only to find out you was getting a geniune made in america hive of "wasps" for free. Then how much did the caller have wrapped up in the free service you provided. Who came out ahead in the deal. That should answer the question

Were you able to remove the offending wasp nest? If so, charge him for the call - time and travel, and for educating him on what a honeybee actually looks like...

MM

I tell people over the phone that if it turns out that they are not honeybees, I still have to charge $75 for the trip and time. No one has balked yet.
    "I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. " John 10:11