Question Introducing queen into queenless hive

One of my hive I'm pretty sure is queenless. To be sure yesterday I gave it a frame with some eggs to see what they'd do with them. Meantime, I've ordered a queen which should be here in 2-3 days.

Question: What's the best way to introduce the new queen?
    What one man can do, another can do.

Keep her in the cage and see how the girls react to her being there. If they are very aggressive, then they have or think they have an active Queen (could be a laying worker). I would check this hive every day.
    Curtis

A push-in cage introduction has a 98% chance of success assuming there is no queen and this has not become a laying worker hive.

If it is not laying worker you can just introduce her using the cage she came in and it should be fine. Keep an eye out for queen cells on that frame in the meantime.

It appears "pretty sure" isn't the same as "sure". When I rechecked this hive there were several frames of fresh eggs and brood. I believe they produced themselves a new queen who just now started laying. Now I can use the purchased queen to requeen a different hive.

Thanks for the advice, those who responded.
    What one man can do, another can do.

That's what normally happens, you order a queen and they already have one.

Yes, you can use your bought queen to requeen another hive. Ross is right.....so many times an "emergency" queen, bought from a supplier isn't needed. Of course, you could find your new queen, bank her, and replace her with your store bought if you think you're better off. No matter what, you're one queen ahead of the game.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"