Default New nucs, low bees

I made some nucs yesterday, and forgot to put a branch in front of a couple to get the bees to re-orientate. So today I found that there were very few bees left. When I made the nucs I put them in a deep. There is mostly capped brood. My question is, if the brood is capped, will the broodnest temp matter that much? Will all that capped brood die?

YES and YES

Darn! Breaks my heart that I'm the cause of it. Guess I need to be more careful next time.

Shake a couple of frames of bees from combs with open larvae into the nucs and see what happens.
    Dan Williamson
    B&C Honey Farm http://www.flickr.com/photos/9848229@N05/

I think if you follow Dan's advice it should work. You will get mostly nurse bees that way which are younger and far less likely to return to their previous home. Then everything should be fine.

Well, I saw this to late. I'll shake some off to boost the hives, but I assume the capped brood is dead by now.

Capped brood is pretty tough. I'd shake in some bees from open brood (making sure you don't get a queen) and see what happens. You may be pleasantly surprised.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF