Default Suppliers of equipment

Is it normal for most beekeeping suppliers to be backed up right know? I have been waiting for Betterbee to Process my order for almost a month now
    If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it. If you build it, they will fill it.

Have you called them and asked why its taking so long?
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

I've also been waiting on an order for frames from Dadant. They have sent several emails keeping me informed as to the status of my order. Seems that the flooding in the Mid West has taken a toll on the manufacturing and distribution centers. Can't get to mad at them for something old mother nature is doing I guess.

I not angry Just curious. I wish there was an easy way to mass produce frames at home

Have you called them and asked why its taking so long?
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Yes my frames are on back order. My order was on june 9, they said 3 business weeks. If thats true They should ship them some time this week. Anyone know an easy way to make frames?

Default Bee supplies

It didn't used to be normal for them to be backed up like they are now. According to our local Dadant manager there has been an unprecedented demand for bee equipment, especially woodenware, from all sectors including commercial to hobbyist. For a couple months here in Cal you couldn't buy a frame from anyone for love or money.

Quote Originally Posted by GRIMBEE View Post
    Yes my frames are on back order. My order was on june 9, they said 3 business weeks. If thats true They should ship them some time this week. Anyone know an easy way to make frames?
    Switch some of your hives to Top Bars, it's much easier to make top bars then it is to make frames.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

I just ordered, and recieved, a larger order of medium frames from Mann Lake. They were backordered about a week though.

I'd never used Mann Lake before this year, but have been pleasantly surprised by their products and quick shipping. I use them and Betterbee.

All the suppliers are 2-3 weeks backed up from reports from members of our bee club. Unprecedented demand seems to be the reason. It's good that more people are getting into beekeeping.
    Banjos and bees... how sweet it is!

I have an order that I placed with Bushy Mtn on June 7 and it was shipped on June 27th. they were upfront with it taking 2 weeks until the order would be processed.

I ordered Mann Lake deep,med and small frames. They told me it could take up to 2 weeks but got them in 1 1/2 weeks. I got the deeps in less, they have good customer service skills with me at least..They went ahaed and shipped what they could as soon as they could. I think I like the Kelly frames better but Mann lake seem good also

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawkpillc View Post
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    I did it!

Default frames

I went to ordfer frames (along with a lot of other stuff) from Betterbee after i was done placing the order they informed me that half of my order would be back ordered so I cancelled the order and called the Waverly NY Dadant. That was a friday by the next tuesday morning I had all of my equipment sitting in my driveway. In fact they called me friday afternoon when they were about to ship it(questions about my address). So my advice try somebody else maybe you'll get lucky to.

-jeff

Ordered 220 lbs from Brushy Mountain, not woodenware either, on 06-26-08 and recived it 06-30-08. Sure they were out of a few things but ordered them elsewhere that didnt have a backlog.

Default Bee-yond wonderful Bee Farm

If you guys need supplies you can contact me at mtsorensen@bellsouth.net or visit my web site at www.beeyondwonderful.com. I carry a full line of bee equipment and try to keep a good supply of most things and I ship right away. I'm not one of the big guys but i can supply most anything you need right away. high ticket items i dont keep in stock but will get on order. give me a try. my store on my website is not complete yet. i have many more items to add. I am a good beekeeper but not a good computer programer! shoot me an email and i will give you a price with shipping and availability.

Default So was I...

After waiting over a year for an extractor from Betterbee, I finally canceled my order...

RBAR

Quote Originally Posted by GRIMBEE View Post
    Is it normal for most beekeeping suppliers to be backed up right know? I have been waiting for Betterbee to Process my order for almost a month now

Quote Originally Posted by RBar View Post
    After waiting over a year for an extractor from Betterbee, I finally canceled my order...

RBAR
    You might be a "little" more patient than me!
    Find A Beekeeper - Swarm List
    "There's nothing wrong with me, it's the rest of the world that has a problem"

Default Rossmans took a week

I ordered some stuff from Rossmans and it took a week (longer than I am accustomed to) but they informed me up front they were behind, and it shipped yesterday
    JG