Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat Room

Default Chat Room

Why dont more people go and join the chat room and come and chat, there is usually about 5 regular people that are on there at about 9:00. It is a blast to sit around and chat with other beekeepers I would really encourage more people to join.

Heres the link:
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208464

I have been to the chat room and got some good advise, but ,like you said it does not start until about 9 pm ... I have to set my alarm to wake me up for 9 pm

ya, to bad there isnt people in it all day. I pop in sometimes in the day and i leave it run on another page just incase anyone comes on but no one does.

I've been in the chat a couple times but no one's ever there but me most of the time. Comes from me being in California, at 9PM your time it's only 6PM here. That's dinner time then outside to work in the cool of the evening. By 9PM I come in and you all gone off to bed by then!

Thats what im saying we need to get more people to join and go on, thats why i started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanM View Post
    Thats what im saying we need to get more people to join .
    Jordan you trying to get these people hurt. Its a pretty rough crowd in there after dark

I have tried repeatedly, and cannot get in. "Failure to connect to server..Please try again later" is what I get. I already have the latest Java on my system, and have no trouble getting into the gunsite I help moderate....I really wish I could figure this out, because I'd surely love to talk bees, instead of surplus guns all the time. Guns and bees---go figure

Have you went through the checklist or contacted the moderators or someone that could maybe help you find your problem?

I was told that it may be my firewall preempting connection. I'm from the horse and buggy days---this stuff all confuses me...Hah hah..but, I will keep trying different appoaches.

I can not log. It says "Invalid Username or Password". When I proceeded to get password I got a message "User does not exist". Hmmm

Barry can you fix it? Thanks

You must sign up for the chat room as if it's a new site. You cannot log in with your beesource name and password. You can use the same name and password for the chat room, but must register as if it is a new site.

I've had the dangest time getting in to the chat...don't know if it i smy server or what the cause is but if someone could help me I'd appreciate it.

Sounds like the biggest problem people are having are just getting logged into chat.

Can anyone help them?

I believe you need broadband to chat. Maybe some of the experts can help out. I only have broadband at work (8 to 5), and one of the lucky few to still have dial up at home, lol. I can sign on no problem at work but home won't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by jdpro5010 View Post
    I believe you need broadband to chat. Maybe some of the experts can help out. I only have broadband at work (8 to 5), and one of the lucky few to still have dial up at home, lol. I can sign on no problem at work but home won't let me.

Not true I have dial-up to, so that must not be your problem.

I also can't get in.

Just tried again, can't even get it to let me set up an account. What a joke.:confused: Don't you think it could be made, "easy."

There has been a couple of bugs in Java in the past that have caused minor problems but none that prevented a connection. And it works well with the latest version.

I use IE 7, Firefox 2.x, Opera 9.x and Konqueror 3.x. All work well for the chat room.

You must allow pop ups from beesource. You must allow the Java Script to run. If you have a browser or addons that are blocking it, you will not get in.

There are many types of software and hardware firewalls and all I can offer easily is that you will be connecting over TCP port 8003. I will say that the Windows firewall or a simple off the shelf router will not typically cause you any problems.

If you've installed a software firewall or own router and understand how they work, my giving you the port number will mean something to you. If it doesn't, you are going to have problems. I'm not going to try and start a class on firewalling 101. That would take a forum all of it's own.

If you're not having firewall problems (you don't own one) and your ISP isn't providing one (most don't) and you are having problems getting in. You should be very specific in your explanation of the errors and responses you get when you try to connect to the chat room and leave a message in the chat room forum or send me a PM. Either place you put the message I will see it in my email and I'll get back with you ASAP. I'll try to give you some assistance in getting in. I haven't been in the chat room much lately or on the forums, the bees are kinda working me to death now, but I do get my email and will be happy to take a break and hopefully lend a hand.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

I can get on and log on to chat with dial up but once it actually starts processing to go into the room I can literally let "load" for hours and never actually get into the room. Now here at work it is a simple matter of 1, 2, and 3 and I am in. I have NO firewalls or security other than AOL provided stuff that is all turned off . Pop off blockers are turned off for this site. It literally just sits there with the blue line going back and forth saying loading and goes no where. I downloaded the latest version of Java (it took 6 or 7 hours). which did allow me to finally "sign in". I do truly believe I have a dial up verses broadband connection problem. I will also say the computer at home is "small" and that may also be part of problem. I am definitely no computer expert though. I was just going to let it go until I get better puter and satelite broadband.

Quote Originally Posted by iddee View Post
    You must sign up for the chat room as if it's a new site. You cannot log in with your beesource name and password. You can use the same name and password for the chat room, but must register as if it is a new site.
    Thanks iddee. So far so good.