Default MEAN hive Question

OK:

I have a hive that is the product of a swarm, I had thought that it was queenless because it was so angry and aggressive when I would inspect it. I went through it the other day and there is brood and they are pulling comb and making stores.

Why are they so mean?

I have a nuc and am thinking about shaking all the frames from the "mean" hive and putting them in with the new nuc.

What would this accomplish?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

David

Find the queen and pinch her little head off. Let the bees try again. You could also go in after 5 days and eliminate the queen cells, then give them a frame of eggs/brood from a better queen.

Never put up with a mean hive. Re-queen, but make sure that their not being bothered by something else, like skunks or other critters could mess with them.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

In your area they are quite likely Africanized bees. That would certainly explain their attitude.

Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF