Default Is this laying worker hive?

How soon after the swarm the old queen is ready to start laying eggs? Does she need some time to gain weight before she is ready? I am asking because after making a split to prevent a swarm, I did not see eggs for couple of weeks in the old hive. Since last Thursday eggs started showing up, but in some cells there are two eggs instead of one.

Thanks.

may bee a young queen they sometimes will lay multiple eggs in a cell until they get there act together. where are the multiple eggs located in the cell

Most eggs are located on the bottom of cells, some in the center, some off center and some single eggs on the sides. Most of them are 1 per cell but here and there are 2 per cell. When there are 2 - always on the bottom of the cell.
    This hive should have an old queen, unless she is gone for some reason. Maybe she was injured or killed during the split, but anyway I can't find her. The split was made on 6/3 after discovering several caped queen cells, first eggs after the split showed up on 6/19 - I looked on 6/19th, eggs could be there for couple of days before.

Two eggs to a cell is often a queen getting started. My experience with laying workers didn't have two eggs to a cell - it was like looking at a clock with all the eggs standing up on the sides of the cells. I'd give her a bit to settle down and see what shakes out.

Oh, and the laying workers laid EVERYWHERE. Nectar? No problem. Raise the world's first bee-fish. Pollen? Lay there too. Empty cell? Lay at least seven eggs in it, just for variety. Drone cell? Lay at least twice as many there.
    http://www.voiceofthehive.com - Tales of Beekeeping and Honeybees

Thanks XC and riverrat for the info. I am going to check them on tomorrow and see what is going on.

Infofly.

How soon after the swarm the old queen is ready to start laying eggs?
    She should never have stopped laying eggs.

Sounds like they swarmed anyway and the old queen left with the swarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Wax View Post
    She should never have stopped laying eggs.

Sounds like they swarmed anyway and the old queen left with the swarm.
    I dont think they swarmed I bet the old queen went with the split to the new hive

Well, the swarm is a possibility. However, there should be less bees after the swarm in the hive, but this hive was packed with bees. Every part of comb and frames was covered with bees. During the inspection I had to blow on them to be able to see what is in cells. In addition, both deep boxes were absolutely loaded with honey and nectar.

Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF