Hybrid View

Lightbulb Commerical Beeks/Pollination New Category?

Mods, any chance to start a new category concerning Pollination and Commercial Beekeeping for Commercial beeks to share ideas, raise issues, etc?

Anyone else interested in this, please chime in so that mods know there is an interest in this category with forum members. Thanks all

Sorry Mods if I went about this the wrong way.

Well Im not a commercial beek "yet" but Id sure love to sit on the sidelines and read and study you guys.......
    T.G.
    When I grow up, I want to be like John K.......

I would be interested in it, most people don't do or share the same goals as we do,so i'm hesitant to put out thoughts alot of times.
    And I know of no blogs for this theme, bee L has alot of non commercial folks on it also.
    Where there are fruits and nuts there are beekeepers!!!

Totally agree.Alot of our views are different when it comes to getting the job done.Micro-managing as a commercial keeper is tough.I feel that is why their are some heated disscusions on beesource,because of the totally different work practices.
    Last edited by high rate of speed; 06-17-2008 at 08:41 PM.

I would be interested in such a forum but am a little apprehensive about disagreements popping up, hobbyists vs pros. Us commercial beeks get picked on enough without a special forum. but it might be worth a try.
    Sheri

I would hope that it would not turn into something like that. It's an excellent way for commercial beeks to share information regarding commercialization and things that work and idea sharing that can make the business easier.

Additionally, it would be a great source for those who are hobbyist and are thinking of going commercial to get basic information about what is involved in making it a business and what is needed to get started and maintain.

I truly think it would be a great forum. We have some great people out there with generations of experience and it would be an excellent place to get that knowledge to the rest of us.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK and Sheri View Post
    but am a little apprehensive about disagreements popping up, hobbyists vs pros. Us commercial beeks get picked on enough without a special forumSheri
    Disagreements?????

Hold on....... OK, I'm under the bus...... Let'er rip.....

Default Agreement

Quote Originally Posted by tileguy View Post
    Well Im not a commercial beek "yet" but Id sure love to sit on the sidelines and read and study you guys.......
    T.G.
    I agree with tileguy. I think it would be a thrilling opportunity. When I went to pickup my nucs this Spring it was exhilarating to be at such a place and amongst pros.

Thanks Connie, I agree, when I go to my Commercial Beekeeper friends in Wi. its just an awesome time. The owners even takes the time to show me around. And when I first started they showed me how to find the queen, the eggs, and even gave me some old wooden ware to help get me started. Not to mention all the other beeks that come in and I get to meet them and sit around and talk and talk and talk....LOL
    So you see Admin/ Commercial Beekeepers, there are some that would like to see a new forum start so we can gleen from the big beeks, even if its a permission only type forum. Heck I would even throw myself in front of the bus or train for you guys....
    Thanks again, T.G.
    When I grow up, I want to be like John K.......