Default Question on non laying queen????

I have this nuc that is a few weeks old and the queen has not started laying. The rest of the nucs that I started have queens that are going full steam but this one is not doing anything. I first thought that they were queenless untill a couple of days ago but I saw her. I have added a frame of brood on 2 different times trying to motivate her, if that can be done but still the same results, nothing. Should I get another queen to replace her or is there hope for her to get moving? Any input would be great .
    Thanks,
    Marc
    life is like a box of chocolates,you never know what you are gonna get

Keep in mind I don't have much experience, this is my first year. But here we go. From what I remember reading here is that if you put a frame of brood and eggs they will supercede a queen that is not proforming. And if it has been a few weeks a queen that has been banked for a while will start to lay at 18 days max. Thats if she has been banked for a long time. I think you should put in a frame of eggs and brood and let them make a new queen.

green brood is good for insurance... if she is a dud??? (and it certainly sounds like she is) then the bees will replace her. this process will take approximately 30 days, so if you desired to shorten this time span then buying a laying queen and pinching the head of the old one (make certain to knock down any and all queen cells) would be an alternative route. you may still need to bump this unit with some sealed brood to get it's population up.

you never mentioned whether this nuc was made up or a captured swarm?

She may have been a virgin when you got the nuc. If that's the case, it takes a bit longer to get things going. If the weather has been bad, it may have taken a while to get mated. How long is a few weeks? 2 or 4? A frame or two of brood is good insurance as noted above.

IMO a nuc is a functioning hive if you bought the nuc it should of had a good laying queen in it. If it did not I would get in touch with who you bought it from. If they are reputable they will make it right with you. If the nucs are from splits youmade. I would get a new queen as soon has possible. Letting them make there own may set the hive back far enoughit cant recover on its own. If you do let it make its own queen keep an eye on it. You may have to add brood frames or switch it out with a stronger hive

The nuc that I was questioning about was a nuc that I bought about a month ago. I completed my inspections, yesturday, to find that she is just now laying. A good pattern and filling every empty cell that she can find. The only down fall is that hive is a month behind the others. Maybe they will play a little catch up!
    Thanks for all of the replies,
    Marc

Do you still have all them in nuc boxes? Usually when you purchase a nuc it should ready to go into a regular hive body. The nuc that is a month behind I would be willing to bet swarmed on you.

No, they are all in 10 frame medium boxes. I have had them in there since I got them home. With the rain that we have been having, the cardboard nucs that they came in would not have lasted long. A swarm crossed my mind, I had a small, queenless swarm land on one of my apple trees. I have never found any queen cells in the hive so that could have been it. I have been having a heck of a time with them. Just when you think that you have them figured out, they throw you a curve.

I think a "nuc" should be a laying queen and have been made up some time before, but I think they are often made up on the fly with banked queens. A banked queen might start laying in three or four days or as long as three weeks depending on how long she's been banked. Most will be laying before that.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF