Default I see bee's in my trap

I went by all my bee traps and found that one has around 20 bee's flying around the entrance. Going inside and out. I havent looked at this trap for 2-3 days so what are the chances that the swarm is already snuggled up inside? or should I wait a day or 2 more? 4th swarm on my first year. 3 within 5 miles of my house, 2 within 1/2 mile!!!!

Wait a day or two. I set out swarm traps every year. So many times, I think they are occupied by a new swarm, but they arent. There can really be a lot of scout bees looking over your box. Wait a couple more days, if they are still there, than you scored a new hive!!!

If they are in a box 1/2 mile from where you want to establish them, you could have a problem. If indeed they moved into a box 1/2 mile away, and you take that box home, they will return to the swarm box site... Maybe do the "branch" thing...

Good luck though!!!
    Find A Beekeeper - Swarm List
    "There's nothing wrong with me, it's the rest of the world that has a problem"

I'm trying the branch thing on a swarm I moved to my yard a few days ago. last night I went over to the old site and only saw10-15 bee's in the box I left there. Another swarm I moved last week I didn't do anything but move it and feed it honey. Had only 9 return to it. So who knows? I'll probably do the branch method again just in case!!! Ok I'll wait a day or 2 more. thx. I saw scout bee's there last week so I've been waiting for my girls to arrive!