Thread: Looking Good!

Default Looking Good!

I went thru the rest of my hives today and they all look good. Most have almost filled the brood boxes. I will soon add another.

the first hive that had the queen cell, I split. While I was looking, there was another queen cell. This hive has capped brood, larva and fresh eggs. I can't understand what is going on with this one. I didn't see the original queen but with all the fresh eggs, I know she is there. They have filled about 6-7 frames. Any idea what could be happening?

WAB

where was the cells located. They could be supercedure cells

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
    where was the cells located. They could be supercedure cells
    One was on the edge of the frame and one is in the middle of the frame.

WAB

those would be supercedure cells

are they cups or cells?? they do build cups just in case they need to use them I am finding them on my frames in my hives. One of my hives have turned the cups into cells and have superseeded the queen, At first i thought they were going to swarm because of the location of the cups at the bottom of the frames but it turns out they needed a new queen i kept breaking the cells open doing inspections and then last week i found a cell closer to the brood nest that a queen emerged from. and i was worried about a swarm!! but they deffinitly look like peanut shells