Default Do queens from unfertile & fertile eggs look the same?

Inspecting on of my hives I noticed many capped drones scattered in the worker cells; the old queen was laying drones. Also, I discovered several queen cells of different ages. It seemed that some cells hatched not a long time ago. On the other frame bees were balling a virgin queen, it looked exactly like a virgin queen. Since the old queen was laying only unfertile eggs, I thought they wanted her killed because came from a bad egg and probably happened the same thing with all queens that emerged in the past.
    Question:
    Are there any external differences to distinguish a normal queen from a fertile egg from a “queen” emerged from an unfertile egg or do they look the same?
    I enclosed the virgin queen in a cage gave to a queenless nuc yesterday, today was released and seemed to be accepted.

Do they look different? Sure!

Fertilized eggs produce queens.

Unfertilized eggs, produce drones.

In a labratory setting, you "could" produce a drone with two sets of chromosomes (a diploid drone), but in nature, the larva would be eaten.

And the other way, an unfertilized egg laid in a queen cup (a haploid queen), can't exist period, since unfertilized eggs make drones.

Hope this helps!
    DS

happybee writes:
    On the other frame bees were balling a virgin queen

tecumseh remarks:
    this is 'likely' totally unrelated to a new queens genetic disposition. the workers were likely doing these due to the fact that you disturbed this unit before the virgin had mated and begun to lay. hopefully this hive still has some nonemerged queen cells.

What we have here is a typical case of a little boy playing in little girls clothing. Thus the drone didnt fit the social norms of the hive. However dont worry the bees were forcefully removing the odd little guy. Everything should be fine if left alone for a few days