Default thanks Allen Buckley

I would like to take a moment and say thanks to a real professional bee keeper Alan Buckley owner of mountainvalley bees , after wading thru masses,I chose Alan after conversing back and forth with him . He made sure I got ahold of him and talked to him about my weather conditions , the type of area I lived in and what types of plants available to the bees , at first I wasn't sure why Allen was finding out this information as the people I have dealt with in the past just wanted the money and then send you bees that wouldn't make the grade as the last hives I had , and then to be chewed up and spit out by the bees before even getting to the hives themselves and for days afterward completely avoiding the hives as they were hot . Alan chose the best of his bees for my conditions and kept in contact with me as to the best time to send them barring any freak snow storms , the day I got them ups had punched a hole in the side of box and thru the screen of one of the nucs and the bees were everywhere in the ups van and then sure enough the next day a freak snow storm hit , I was worried that I would loose them , Alan assured me they were hardie enough to take the conditions that were happening outside . well long story short these bees i can handle without a vail or gloves , I can go inside the hives and shuffle stuff around I have had them land on me while I do this and preen themselves never once acting aggressive and then to watch a hornet land on the landing board and watch them attack it and kill it a few minutes later . Alan made it clear to me that he would be keeping in contact every few days to make sure I was happy and to see how they were actually doing , folks he has kept his word and has taught me so much also the bees have out performed the hives I have had for 4 yrs. Thank you Allen for all the help and calming my worries your a great mentor ..Scott
    scott ellis

Sounds like you've have UPS problems too. Alan shipped three packages last week to us and UPS put the packages in a bag and set them on their side. All the syrup ran out of course and the two bottom packages were covered with syrup and died, along with all three queens. He tried to ship them again this week and they made it as far as Louisville, KY and was told that the bees had been disposed of. Both times they were shipped second day air. Alan has been a great guy to work with, but the missing link is getting the bees here. I'm looking forward to getting some and giving them a good try. How have yours turned out?

Camp
    As wonderful as this life is, there are days I really look forward to the next. :)

Default missing bees

hey camp when u get them u will be happy but as u said the ups is really starting to suck , allens bees will blow u away as they have me , once u get started with his bees then u will never go back ..scott
    scott ellis

Good to hear, looking forward to getting some, but not sure if he's going to try again or not. If nothing else I can get some queens and try it that way.
    As wonderful as this life is, there are days I really look forward to the next. :)