Default Got my brother started

I sent my brother home an hour ago with one of my hives, he lives about 40 miles away. We loaded one up at dark and he was going to put them next to his garden. I told him to take them and care for them and at the end of the year I would give him half the honey they make. If he likes it next year I will fix him up with some swarms. I hope I have addicted a new beekeeper! He has no experience as of now.

Sounds like a good deal! Just warn him about the,..........."squnks" that may bother the hive; during the night.

He lives in the middle of town no skunks there, lucky him! For skunks that is.

whoops !

My Dad lives in the "middle of town" of Santa Cruz CA and he has plenty of skunks. (Both the black and white furry ones as well as the human kind)

Big Grin

Shucks! I am trying to refer Ruben to a thread in 2006-07 about a reference to "squnks". Maybe he doesn't want to remember that . Just a humorous [to me] mispell.
    Last edited by Oldbee; 06-14-2008 at 06:21 AM.

Thata boy Ruben. He will be addicted. The only thing I have seen more addicting then beekeeping are opiates!

That is great Ruben. I too am talking to my brother about becoming a beeker as a hobby for him. He is recovering from yet abother bad motocross accident where he has broken several ribs and also collapsed a lung. He already has a metal rod in his back where he previously broke his back from a motocross accident and that doesn't count other previous accidents with broken bones in the past. The man just turned fifty years old a few weeks ago and still thinks that he is twenty. That isn't really a bad thing but the healing takes much longer now. I'm still trying to firgure out if he is hardheaded or just plain dumb. He says that he is now finished with motocross but we heard that when he broke his back. My only worry is if becoming a beeker will be enough excitment for him. lol
    Big T

Wait til he gets a few frames out and kick the hive Big T, he will have all kinds of excitment then

You got a good memory Oldbee, yes I do remember the "squnks" now that you mention it. Hpoefully he has no squnks as well!

Ruben:

I hope you gave him a suit to work the bees? If not it might not be the enlightening experience you hope it will bee.
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

Good point Ruben! lol
    Big T