Thread: veil vs jacket

Default veil vs jacket

It's just too hot to wear a full bee suit. Besides, my bees (carnis and italians) are not particularly aggressive and it's still early in the season. I'd go with a jacket, but they're still hot and it seems like if you wear a jacket you might as well wear a full suit. Therefore I think I'll go with a veil. Any suggestions on my logic, or on the best place to get a veil?

I wear a veil and t-shirt all the time with gentle hives. Get whatever veil you like; I've used a Kelly hat-veil combo a few years and like them fine.
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

I use one or the other depending on how long I'll be in the hives and how many I'm working. The jacket does offer better protection if you think you'll need it. Most of the time, I just use the veil.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

And who said there were no needs for the Alexander Veil?

I wear t-shirt and shorts when I can they usually go for the face first if they are going to get testy on me then Ill slide on a veil.

Course I do have one yard that I think came from the genitics of PoorMan bees and a full suit is a MUST no matter the temps.
    Well, full suit is jacket and jeans.

I find the jacket cooler to use than a full suit Mann Lake sells a good economic jacket for $ 42.95 I find the quality well worth the money.
    http://www.mannlakeltd.com/catalog/page91.html
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.