Question Catawba Trees & Honey?

I have neighbors who have a few big old Catawba or Catalpa Bean Trees in their yards. Currently these trees are loaded with blooms of beautiful white flowers. I haven't been close enough to see if the bees are working them or not...but wondered if this was a beneficial nectar producing plant? Any of you had experience with it? Thanks!
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)

Default catalpa

here they are like locusts with (to me anyway) no discernable rythem to the bloom years and ammount of nectar. sometimes they don't bloom, sometimes they bloom but have little nectar, some years they do great. this year, here, they are doing great but 30 miles away they arent producing any nectar.
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Yes they can be a great nectar source. But like Black Locust they can be fickle. Last year Black Locust bloomed very heavy in our area this year not much of anything.
    Some years you can see the bees heavily working the Catalpa some years they ignore them. There could be several reasons for this. Other nectar sources available that are more attractive or some years like Mike haney mentioned the blossoms just don’t produce.
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

Well, I hope this is one of the good years in which they produce...as my neighbors trees are full of blooms right now!
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)