Default Queen mating flight.

About how long is the first mating flight of a virgin [of course] queen mating?

We have been having some "unstable weather" where it is warm and sunny for an hour or two and then storms move in for the last 5 days or so. I have some queens from nucs and hives that swarmed that need to mate at this time; right now! Will the weather affect the mating?

She will make some orientation flights first.

The first flight time will depend on how far she has to fly to reach a DCA.
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

i hope this weather doesnt affect them too much. I had a quick peek in my mating nucs this morning (before it poured rain again- and you guessed it, thyey didnt appreciate it and showed it with a sting to the nose). Anyway, out of a one small nuc and a 2*4 mating nuc, i found one beautiful fat laying queen, one too hot for a rainstorm inspection, and 3 "apparently" queenless. Theorectically they should have mated over the weekend and be laying now, but i see no queens or eggs in at least 3 nucs. One has a capped queen cell, which confuses me because before the weekend there was a virgin in each hive, hatched from a transfered cell.

im hoping they were all out for a early morning flight, cause otherwise i lost at least 3 of 5 queens on the mating flight.

That depends on how long it will take her to fly up 5280 feet to join the Mile High Club. Just kidding. I'd say Chef is right on the money.

Weather definitely affects mating. Ours has been horrible and I'm trying to get queens mated. It takes about an hour or two sometimes for her to mate, but she's also looking for nice enough weather that she's sure she won't get caught in it...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF