Default Bees in Foundation in Littleton CO - anyone want

Just got this email - anyone interested - give her a call to inquire.

I'm looking for someone who could remove some honey bee's from my foundation
    of my home. I just noticed them Friday and appears to be just starting.

Do you know anyone who would be interested in the Littleton area?

My phone number is 303-883-5840

Colleen

I gave her a call today. Seems that last Friday a swarm landed on her porch and shortly thereafter moved into the wall were a brick was missing from the outside. She said the swarm looked to be about 1000 bees on the porch. Right now the bees are moving in and out of the brick hole and possibly are starting to build in the wall. She said the only way to get at them was most likely to tear out the inner wall which she didn't have a problem with doing except she would like to minimize the damage.

I am not close, but if I can get over there later this week I told her I would take a look and see about getting them out for her if I can get there.

If anyone else is on the front range that is closer, feel free to contact her as it may be easier for you to help her out and gather those bees then myself.

I would use a cone to get them out it would be a 3 day deal if they just moved in. no damage to house and they havent had much of a chance to startbuilding comb or stores

Ok...you got me. How does the cone method work? Or post a link from a past post if its been discussed before.

Thanks

Default Littleton bee's

I have a friend in the Highlands ranch area(he actually helped me into getting started in bee's) I told his wife to tell him about your situation. He works weird hours upgrading computers but should contact you soon I hope. Hope that you can get your situation resolved. Good luck.

gingerivers Guest

Default Cone method

Alpha6

Also called a trapout I think. Ask Iddee about it, he's the local expert, removes a lot of bees this way. Good method, not expensive, saves bees.

Default Littleton bee's

My friend in Highlands Ranch(Littleton suburbia) doesn't have the equipment to take anymore Bee's sorry. Maybee Snowmass Alph6 can get them but thats a 3-4 hr drive. Isn't there a closer person in Woodland Park or Colo Springs(thats still a drive!)? Good Luck

LMAO here, and alternately banging my head against the wall.

I moved here to TX last year FROM Littleton. I was prolly 5 minutes away. Fate's a tricky SOB.

Call the Arapahoe County Extension Service. There is a guy, last name Wynkoop (Yes, THAT Wynkoop) who lives out east of Centennial, past the airport. He is a beek. Snowmass is Waaaaaaaaaaaay too far to drive with gas at these prices.

Good luck
    Summer