Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Kids suit

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  justin 
#1 ·
I have a 4 year old that wants to come out and play with the bees. Anyone have any thoughts on bee suits for kids, good ones, bad one's, one's to avoid etc?

Keith

#2 ·
I purchased 2 suits for my 4 yr. old twins from beeworks.com. Excellent product and great reliable and fast service. They did seem a little pricey to me but figured I could recoup some of the cost in a couple of years by selling them. Now if you find some where to get good little bee gloves you can let me know! I haven't been able to locate any kids gloves.:):)

#3 ·
I sewed one from a Karate outfit for my son. The angled edges of the top turn up nicely to hold elastic, sleeves were fitted with velcro and nylon ties, and I sewed a zipper/veil combination on for the head. Separating zipper holds the center together. Since my bees aren't really "out to get" them in the first place it's plenty of protection.

#5 ·
You can buy the purple Nitril glooves at Walgreen's, several pair come in a box. Nitril is supposed to be punctrure proof. I special order my nitril gloves from our local hardware store. I wear a X-large, and the gloves are blue, the Walgreen gloves sometimes tear on my big hands, I only use this type while changing the oil, & greasing the tractor.

#7 ·
#8 ·
i got the brushymountain suit for my 4 yr old a few weeks ago.hes pretty tall for his age and the suit and the gloves fit great.a little bit big for him but tight where it needs to be.he is suddenly fearless.it took a long time for it to get here,but they told me it would when i ordered it.all in all happy with the suit.i believe he is about 44" tall and about 44 pounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.