Thread: Honey Extractor

Default Honey Extractor

Does anyone use any kind of honey extractor for harvesting the "crop"?

Sure. 2 frame tangential manual. Way underpowered for 6 hives but does what it needs to for now.

I use the same as ScadsOBees for 2 hives. It's perfect. Tried the crush and strain method my first fall and thought it was a big mess, too much work, and not much honey for the effort. That being said, I probably did it wrong.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

20 frame Dadant for me, motorized, old style, stainless. I did cut comb and crush for several years.

I have a Kelley 2 frame reversable that works really well. Ran the honey off of 24 hives through it at one time. They even offer a motorized version i've been thinking of getting the conversion for mine but it seems like a waste of money since it provides a good workout.

Hi, This is my first reply..... I have a kelly 2 frame reversible for a few years & 2 years ago I bought the motor adapter & it worked good , This year I added the 9 frame radial from Kelly but I don't seem to get the speed I need, But will keep working w/it maybe I need to change a pulley size. Has anyone else tried the conversion.
    ttruluck.Greeleyville SC

Hey, ttruluck... off topic, but are you any relation to the Truluck Vineyards in SC?
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

Yes, but not real close

I bought a used Dadant Junior Bench Extractor (two frame) with a over used gate. Replacing gate this year. Works fine.

Also have a Swienty Radial Extractor that was designed for top bar frame honey extraction and I use lang frames in it. I had forgotten I'ld ordered it since it took them a while to work some problems out. I like them both.