Default Bags to spin cappings.

Hi All. Years ago I bought a 9 frame radial from Brushy Mountain. I also bought some bags that hooked in and allowed you to spin your cappings dry.

I have lost the bags. I don't see them at Brushy Mountain any more. Anyone know what I am talking about and a source?

Keith

Never mind - found them - I must be getting old.

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com....asp?pcode=587
    Last edited by Keith Benson; 05-26-2008 at 02:06 PM.
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

Default Bags

Sorry Keith, I have seen the bags you are referring to but I don't remember which supplier.

I would however like to know how well they worked and if you were satisfied with them. I operate a custom extraction sideline for beekeepers in my area that do not want to deal with the mess, as well as my own hives. I normally extract 50 - 100 supers each year and many beeks leave their cappings with me. I can't afford the expense of a cappings spinner so I was looking for a cheaper way to spin cappings with my 20 frame extractor.

Any info/advice that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    David
    Maine-ly Bees, David Wallace and Family, Bowdoinham, ME mainelybees@gmail.com

Has anyone tried a small mesh laundry type bag? I haven't but think that may work. Maybe a wire frame of some sort to keep the bag more or less in the shape of a frame would be a nice addition.

I built an extractor basket last year with drain guard mesh and wooden rib frame. Drop it in in place of the frame basket and spin away.
    http://www.voiceofthehive.com - Tales of Beekeeping and Honeybees

Smile bag

Quote Originally Posted by xC0000005 View Post
    I built an extractor basket last year with drain guard mesh and wooden rib frame. Drop it in in place of the frame basket and spin away.
    any way you could post a pic? thanks,mike
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

I'll try to find the sketchup plans I had for it. The original basket was sacrificed to make a tangental deep basket. It was just two disks of plywood with 1x2 ribs every four inches. Drain gutter mesh stapled down the ribs, camcote over it all. Center axel was the same as all my baskets, 1/2 threaded rod.
    http://www.voiceofthehive.com - Tales of Beekeeping and Honeybees