Default multi eggs in one cell.

I have a problem. i bought a new queen a few weeks ago for a have that was doing very poor . put her in and things started to get better but looked in yesterday and there is more than one egg in a cell. what is going on? :confused: the queen is still there.

Usually, more than one egg in a cell indicates no queen and a laying worker situation. If you're sure you saw the queen, is it possible she's newly mated? I've seen young queens take a couple of weeks to sort out their egg laying.
    My beekeeping blog: The Bee Yard

I agree...it sounds like laying workers! Make sure you have a queen and that she is laying. If she is a good queen she should lay only one egg per cell. Read up on posts here about laying workers...and best of luck to you!
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)

she is there. i made sure of it before i closed the hive. she was laying fine for a while but has gone a bit mental.

Default Well...

Peter, if your Queen is a "bit mental" you may have to replace her with a "normal" Queen.
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bee View Post
    Peter, if your Queen is a "bit mental" you may have to replace her with a "normal" Queen.
    yeah cheers. am gona phone they guy 2moz. i would like to find out why this has happened though.:mad:

Default New queen, double eggs

Don't know how long the new queen has been there, but when I noticed the same thing with my first package last year, after a week and a few days, the advice I recieved was to give her time to get right. New queen, been living in a small cage in a queen bank, then finally able to get out and lay...

They were right, and she worked out just fine!

Could be the same for you.

I have had young queens lay multiple eggs in cells before. Give here time and she will sort herself out.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

Usually laying workers will lay eggs on the sides of the cells(not the bottom) as they cannot reach all the way down the cell. Young queens will lay multiple eggs, but they will be at the bottom of the cell.