Default Extractors..BeeCommerce?

I've been looking for a used extractor for a while with no success in finding anything worth buying. It looks like I'm ready to buy a new extractor. I'm open for suggestions and recommendations. One site I came across was Bee Commerce, anyone dealt with them or know anything about their equipment?

Have you looked on ebay

The people at Bee Commerce are quite helpful and nice. The quality of their products is high. Their prices are also high. I would definitely do price comparisons.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I have to agree with mike they have excellent quality but there prices are high. I have bought a few things from them and can not complain but a price comparison would definitly be in order.

You could do a lot worse than Dadant.

I haven't bought from Bee Commerce, but I do have a Ranger Radial (electric) from Dadant. I bought it used. It spins out 6 medium frames or 3 deeps (with optional baskets in tangential mode). I think the stand could be better--it's a bit flimsy--but other than that, it's fine for a small beekeeper like myself.
    My beekeeping blog: The Bee Yard

http://www.bee-commerce.com/detail.aspx?ID=87

Here's an extractor that Bee Commerce had that I was looking at, it's a 9 frame radial.

Unless money is tight or you're only extracting a couple of supers, I would go for electric. Hand cranking is a lot of work for a long time!
    My beekeeping blog: The Bee Yard

Quote Originally Posted by Eman View Post
    http://www.bee-commerce.com/detail.aspx?ID=87

Here's an extractor that Bee Commerce had that I was looking at, it's a 9 frame radial.
    I have that one or one very much like it - though the ad says it hold nine shallow frames. Mine holds nine mediums or shallows and 3 deeps (tangentially though). I think it works great. If I recall correctly I also paid about what they are asking, perhaps a little less from Brushy Mountain. Either way I think it is a nice unit.

Keith

Update - this is the one I have - if they are the same - sounds like Beecommerce is beating the brushy price. http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com....asp?pcode=802
    Last edited by Keith Benson; 05-26-2008 at 01:53 PM.
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

You will need something that handles more than just shallow frames keep shopping: you will need something that will do mediums and some deeps as well-shallows make good comb honey boxes -they are small for honey suppers RDY-B

I bought a used dadant 20 frame. It holds any size frame kinda handy. I skipped buying a 2 or 4 frame extractor, just waited 4 years and got a bigger one.
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

http://www.mannlakeltd.com/catalog/p...pg=page70.html

This is a Mann Lake extractor I've also considered. I'm not looking at 2 frame extractors. I've looked on ebay for a while. Usually antique unuseable stuff or they pay as much with shipping for a used one as you can buy new for.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Benson View Post
    I have that one or one very much like it - though the ad says it hold nine shallow frames. Mine holds nine mediums or shallows and 3 deeps (tangentially though). I think it works great. If I recall correctly I also paid about what they are asking, perhaps a little less from Brushy Mountain. Either way I think it is a nice unit.

Keith

Update - this is the one I have - if they are the same - sounds like Beecommerce is beating the brushy price. http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com....asp?pcode=802
    They look real close in the pictures. Bee Commerce also has free shipping on orders over a certain amount so that might tip the scales in their favor too. I'll call them and find out if it comes with the additional basket like the brushy mountain one says it does.

Someone asked if money was tight, money is always tight especially when gas is going up like it is along with everything else. I'd like to experience loose money!

I called Brushy Mtn. and Bee Commerce today. From all they described these are most likely the same exact extractors. Both are Italian made and can extract 9 shallow or medium radially or 3 large tangentially(sp). After seeing 2 fram extractors go on ebay for over $300 I don't think I can go wrong unless someone knows something I don't. Bee Commerce is cheaper on the extractor and offers free shipping if I spend over $500.

Speak now before I order it if you think this isn't a good extractor.

I purchased the 9 frame extractor from Bee Commerce. Aside from a short waiting period while they waited to restock on another item I ordered I was very pleased with them. The extractor is a great piece. It's higher quality then some of the others I've used. It also looks like it will be easy to add an electric motor to in the future. The clear plastic lids are nice as you can watch to see when the honey stops extracting. For the price and free shipping I think it's a good deal that's hard to beat.

Default I might buy the same one some day...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman View Post
    I purchased the 9 frame extractor from Bee Commerce. Aside from a short waiting period while they waited to restock on another item I ordered I was very pleased with them. The extractor is a great piece. It's higher quality then some of the others I've used. It also looks like it will be easy to add an electric motor to in the future. The clear plastic lids are nice as you can watch to see when the honey stops extracting. For the price and free shipping I think it's a good deal that's hard to beat.
    I just checked, I live about 23 miles from "Bee-Commerce" and have never bought anything from them. The main reason being that I decided to use 8-frame equipment. Their prices are another reason I haven't bought from them.

50 medium frames at Bee-Commerce will cost you $72.95
    50 medium frames from W.T. Kelley will cost you $34.50
    100 medium frames from W.T. Kelley will cost you $63.00

You don't even have to do the math.

Having said that, I'm surprised to learn that I may be interested in buying the Italian 9-frame extractor from Bee-Commerce.

I'm almost certain that I'll never be buying one of their "Garden Stones" at $49.50
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Default Bee-Commerce

I agree that both the prices and quality at bee-commerce are high.

However twice this year they have had things I needed when they were not available elsewhere. A low price is nice, but doesn't mean much if the product is not in stock.

I guess it's just a matter of what you buy from them. The extractor was cheaper and with the few additional things I bought that were competitively priced I got free shipping. Add that to the fact I don't have to pay sales tax and it's a good deal.