Last year, I made some experimental frames with tile perfect wood glue for laminate floors that I had left over from doing a floor. It was streight up glue put on thick enough to leave a bead at each end of the frames, no nails. I even left some frames out in the weather all summer and all winter. They're still good and strong at the joints, the wood is actually getting kind of grey and weak.
This year, I decided to just use wood glue on all frames. I tried elmers exterior/interior and some other wood glues on about 10 frames each and let them dry. Not nearly as good on any of them. Gaps in the glue after it dried and they also cracked under the pressure. Back to tile perfect and there was a clear resonous bond and I'd sooner have to break the frame than break the bond.
Conclusion. It's only my second year beekeeping so take this advice as you will. Tile perfect laminate and wood flooring glue is sweet!! Heck with nailing and stapling frames! I must also conclude that I hope this doesn't bite me in the butt because I'm doing this to 500 frames. Experimentally the first trials are successful though.