An Excerpt From Riverrats Rant

The Buffalo Theory Described by Riverrat

"Well you see, Guys, it's like this . . A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the heard is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
    In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we all know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of mead eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, fellas, is why you always feel smarter after a few glasses of mead."

:Certain names have been excluded to protect the innocent.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

And it shows in some.

yes sir lets all get drunk and be somebody Maybe the guy whos signature on beesource. that goes something like this "you cant roller skate in a herd of buffalos" might join us drink a little and prove his theory

It's called a "Clavinism". Cliff Clavin from Cheers made many such explanations of deep philosophical thought, in this case he was astoundingly accurate.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

NO WAY!! Rat said this was an original!!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Opps! Sorry Rat..
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Bottoms Up!
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    NO WAY!! Rat said this was an original!!
    WOW!!!! For real? I said that. No wonder I had a headache the next morning.

well you gonna use that excuse AGAIN !

It's all just a vicious circle okb.......................

"This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members"

This is also why you don't see many buffalo any more, They were not hunted neigh unto extinction as the history books would have you believe, they are all just to fast to see. There are a few throwback slowpoke herds kept for display purposes.

Keith
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

I wonder if this means that after I eliminate these slow stupid deer visiting my garden that I won't stand a chance catching whats left over?

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    I wonder if this means that after I eliminate these slow stupid deer visiting my garden that I won't stand a chance catching whats left over?
    You will starve, but the good news is that only your slow kids will too. The faster ones will still catch deer.

Keith
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

may your slow soul RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Benson View Post
    You will starve, but the good news is that only your slow kids will too. The faster ones will still catch deer.

Keith
    Bizz were sure gonna miss ya But the up side is the deer and I will sure enjoy whats left of the garden OKB wants to know if he can have the presto I have a fire wax melter. He was to shy to ask for himself.

No Rat I'm not shy just dont want the family to get upset and was waiting until after the reading of the will.

BTW: Rat, You werent there for the soap making discussion,
    I think you may have picked up on some nice safety tips
    "it was a burning topic".