Default Decided on all mediums, now what?

How do I transition from the deep hive bodies to all mediums?

Default I have never used deeps

...but if it were me, I would split all the hives into 1 deep per a hive and draw out mediums. Then i would demaree them, placing the deeps above the excluder for 3 weeks. Finally I would remove the deeps, and sell them with there frames. Just a thought.

I just mix deep and medium frames in the deep body. You get some burr on the bottom, but it just scrapes off when you move them to a medium box. I eventually just weed out the deeps frames this way.

I was going to ask if I could do that, Ross, but that seemed too simple. That is great that I can do it that way as I have several frames in my deepts that the bees either wont draw out or don't have wax on them anymore. I have also been slowly converting to foundationless frames which has been working out great for me!
    Thanks guys!
    Joe

Once you have some brood on mediums you can put the queen and that brood above an excluder and let the brood emerge from the deep. Then you can harvest the deep and cut down the box and frames. You can get brood in a medium by any of several methods:

You can put some mediums in place of some honey frames in the deep in the middle of the brood.

You can cut some brood comb out of a deep frame and tie it into a medium.

You can just add a medium box and wait for them to move up.

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesferal.htm#moving

Of course you can also cut ALL of the brood comb out of the deep and tie it all into mediums and you're done.

http://www.bushfarms.com/beeseightframemedium.htm
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF