Default How many hives in a yard?

How many bees can i keep in my yard without the honey production per hive being lowered? There are lots of woods close by. There are also some hives down the street.

THAT WOULD DEPEND ON WHAT IS growing in your 2 mi area they may run out of a source of nector to get you say there are other bees in the area if you have lots of fields and flowers around then you might be able to have many. I had to hive in the city and one did great the other did zip. I only have one hive in this location this year and three in another we will see how it goes.
    Wishing you all the best of tomorrows and good honey

Every location is differant. I have locations that will only provide enough forage for one to three hives. Most will handle ten well. A friend of mine has a location where a hundred or more hives thrive. In my experience, dense forest does not provide good forage except in the early spring. There is usually plenty of pollen and enough nector producing plants to provide a good spring buildup, but the canopy of a mature forest tends to reduce the amount of good necter sources during the main honey flow. I live in the national forest with no beekeepers anywhere near by and have to feed from the first of June on if I want hives strong enough to winter over. Other locations I have with large pasture areas will still be building up rapidly as late as Sept and even Oct and can easily support fifty or more hives.
    In my opinion, the best locations are located on the margins between a forested area and a large expanse of open country, preferably with a moderate sized urban or suberban area within a couple of miles.
    doug

I can't help to brag. On Sage this year, with 400 hives in a yard, we are getting 200 lb average. That is just the first crop. News from the land of milk and honey

Default Surrounding area

There are lots of woods surrounding one side of the hives then to the other side people have houses and about a half a mile away there is a huge feild of clover. When driving through the neighborhood i always see lots of wild bushes flowering.

In a location like that, if there aren't a lot of other beeks around, I would put about ten hives.
    doug

Default Is that it?

My neighbor down the street already has more than that so i guess i shouldn't put that many on my property.