Default Frame Spacing Tool

Frame Spacing Tool is here: http://www.beebehavior.com/frame_spacing_tool.php
    Everyone can try it to see a result.

Boris

Did you realize that in the picture showing your nailed-in spacers, you still have 10 frames?

He knows. He just wants the spaces to be uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by d.asly View Post
    He knows. He just wants the spaces to be uniform.
    d.asly,

Because my hive bodies are in the Bee Max standard, my Supers are also in the same standard. In normal situation my Supers can hold 11 frames.

Boris
    Last edited by Boris; 05-09-2008 at 12:19 PM.

I hate permanent frame spacers. You can't remove propolis when needed. You can't slide frames apart to remove one that's fat. They give SHB another hiding place. They are generally a pain in the back side if you really raise bees in them instead of taking nice clean empty pictures. And what happens when you need to draw comb in that box? If you can't slide the frames together they make a mess with cross comb, so you have to use a different box. Too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I hate permanent frame spacers. You can't remove propolis when needed. You can't slide frames apart to remove one that's fat. They give SHB another hiding place. They are generally a pain in the back side if you really raise bees in them instead of taking nice clean empty pictures. And what happens when you need to draw comb in that box? If you can't slide the frames together they make a mess with cross comb, so you have to use a different box. Too much trouble.
    I agree with you Ross and I don't use spacers...as a matter of fact, I have a boat load that I'm going to get rid of...maybe I'll put them on Ebay and see if they go...

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I They are generally a pain in the back side if you really raise bees in them instead of taking nice clean empty pictures. And what happens when you need to draw comb in that box? If you can't slide the frames together they make a mess with cross comb, so you have to use a different box. Too much trouble.
    My Supers are not for "...raise bees in them..". I use my Supers with spacers for honey production ONLY. With queen excluders and Frame Grip I did not have "Too much trouble".

For the comb honey predication I use the same type of supers, but without spacers.
    See picture #7 from this link:
    http://www.beebehavior.com/romanov_comb_sections.php

Ross, please do not show your jealousy to my "nice clean empty pictures". This is my new Topic and I prefer to show bee job in the progress from the beginning.

As you know I presented MUCH more non "empty pictures" than you. But You still did not show your bee yard - may be you afraid to do this? Are your hives dirty?
    Or you do not have hives at all?
    Last edited by Boris; 05-10-2008 at 07:18 AM.

I have posted more pictures on this site over 5 years than you will likely ever have. Your ideas are notional but not practical. You don't listen when very experienced beekeepers on this board tell you why your ideas are impractical or just plain wrong.

You don't ever need to draw comb in a honey super? Why not, you have an unlimited supply somewhere?

Why have two types of supers, one with spacers others without? I can't afford to haul two types to every yard on the chance I'll need them.

How are you going to clean up propolis? You sure can't get a hive tool in there with all those blocks. Someday you'll curse those things while trying to get your frames to go back in. Show me those fancy little blocks after they've been on the bees a couple of seasons.

How about SHB? Every seen one? You will.

Try listening and reading more Boris, instead of being a paper expert. As long as you post ideas I disagree with, I'll say so loud and clear and say why so less experienced beekeepers won't be mislead by your less than stellar ideas. So far all I can see you doing is trying to drive hits to your website so you can sell advertising or something.

The name of this topic is “Frame Spacing Tool”. And this idea is presented in GENERAL – not mine. I think that presented information will be useful for the some forum members.
    Ross, every year you presented the same “old tools” – so this is your choice.
    Next time you can post your links upside down.

Your statements show that you never used Frame Spacing Tool.
    Look carefully at the space between frames – there are no direct contacts between frames. (2 7/8’ inch long). My bees never propolised this space completely. Therefore there is no big problem to remove frames.
    Also experienced beekeepers know how to easy remove two frames together (if you need to do this).

Ross, why is so difficult to show me your bee yard? Every time you are trying to escape from my request. You have web site, you have camera, but there are no bee yard pictures. May be you are real “ paper expert”.

Once again, please do not show your jealousy to my topics.
    Last edited by Boris; 05-10-2008 at 08:48 AM.

Boris and Ross

Both of you present good information in this forum and both of your opinions have value to the rest of us, except when they become personal opinions about each other. Publishing a thread in this forum is a lot like submitting an article in a professional journal. It becomes open for peer review, and unfortunately that sometimes means a degree of critique.

Remember, what works in one persons hands doesn't always work in someone elses hands. There is no right or wrong way to get the job done, only a system that works or doesn't work for the person doing the job.
    doug

Quote Originally Posted by sierrabees View Post
    ...Remember, what works in one persons hands doesn't always work in someone elses hands. There is no right or wrong way to get the job done, only a system that works or doesn't work for the person doing the job.
    Sierrabees,

I completely agree with this statement.

Boris

For the record, I do in fact use frame spacing tools, 8 and 9 frame. I would never make a frame spacer permanent for the reasons I stated above. I believe in the simpliest methods that will do the job, and the cheapest. I believe Michael Bush called it lazy beekeeping, in a very good way. Extra complexity and extra expense don't make your bees happier or healthier. I'll continue to call it as I see it. When you post your ideas on the web you should expect to be challenged by others. If you can't stand the criticism and don't want to address it, don't post. Feel free to state your reasons my ideas are bad if you wish. I'll be happy to learn from you.

Default Re: Frame Spacing Tool

New photos were posted here:
    http://www.beebehavior.com/frame_spacing_tool.php

Boris