Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A swarm video with a large number of stupid people.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&vid=...b=s3&GT1=42003 Its Hard to believe that there are this many morons in one place.
    I am holding on to the hope I have inside... Kutless

Ridiculous.

Default "uneducated"

I prefer to think of them as "uneducated". Too bad I wasn't there to catch them. I just called a couple exterminators to give them my name and number if they get called for a swarm. It is especially fun to get one when there are lots of people around to watch, thinking how crazy you are - "What, no gloves?!?!". Maybe I'll call the local TV station next time I get one...

Wow I hope that never happens in my apiary

crazy people!

JoeMcc
    "Slow Down and Taste the Vanilla" - My Grandma

Default The older I get.

I used to have a very low opinion of people in general, but as I got older it has declined. :confused:
    http://bees-on-the-net.com/bs
    Bees give me a buzz!

And people wonder why the honeybees are dying off
    If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it. If you build it, they will fill it.

I was hoping for the happy ending of the beekeeper showing up in shorts and t-shirts and whisking the bee's away to safety. To paraphrase Bugs Bunny...what a bunch of maroons! (even "ultra-maroons!)

I don’t believe it any one there was ‘stupid’ OR ‘morons’, they just need educated about honeybees.

But if you want to single out the stupid moron, it would be the pest control agent, spraying pesticides into the air without protective gear, and when it is breezy.

Joe

"Moron" sounds so harsh. "Maroon" kind of takes the edge off. I guess I'm dating myself, using such Bugs Bunny terms for humor.

I guess there isn't much more to expect from a society where most people believe eggs come from boxes, meat from Styrofoam & plastic and milk from plastic jugs. The fact that so many of us have a total disconnect from the very source of our lives, the food we eat it is scary.

Well that may change given what's happening right now. Lots of people are going to stop taking eating what they want when they want for granted as food prices skyrocket. It's sure helping us, we can't keep up with demand for what we grow and produce and people are willing to pay a fair price. Shame it has to happen this way. Looks like a lot of innocent people could be in for some hard times at least on the short term.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to save the world and a desire to savor it. Makes it hard to plan the day.

"Its Hard to believe that there are this many morons in one place."

welcome to New Jersey.

Joe is right. All of those folks were reacting perfectly naturally and appropriately for non-beekeepers. Hopefully the pest control guy wasn't spraying anything more toxic than a light ammonia solution.

Jeffrey
    "I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. " John 10:11

stupid morons

Default Morons

Yea I live here in N.J. and there are a lot of morons but I would call this ignorance. People just need to be educated about bees and it is our job to do so noone else will. Whenever I pick up a swam I am amazed at how the people cower in fear and watch from inside as we shake them off the bush or brush them off a branch into a container while wearing no protection. Leeding them to beleive that, yes beeekeepers are truly crazy. While this may be true I always try, at least try to explain what a swarm is, why it happens and how bees are very calm in this state and generally harmless alltogether.Of course the homeowner or whoever is only concerned that the evil looking bugs are gone and will not kill their kids when they swoop off the branch and sting and smother them to death(we can all only hope). That's why you charge the MORONS 50- $100 for a swarm that is probably worth the same.

Default Funny

After 3 weeks of beekeeping (without veil, gloves, nor smoker) my entire view of bees has changed, That was me 4 weeks ago!

Default change

"without veil, gloves, nor smoker" you will indeed experience some MAJOR changes if you continue to tend bees this way. i get a lot of my equipment from folks that dont suit up because THIER bees are docile and one day have a VERY,VERY, bad experience with bees on alert from some other reason and get out of beekeeping. please reconsider. good luck,mike
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

I don't argee with the term moron,just un-edu-mactited(yeah,I spelled it that way on purpose)folks fits better.If you want to see a moron go back to the vidsite and fit the vid about Shark Surfing,that's a moron in technocolor for sure.

I don't argee with the term moron,just un-edu-mactited(yeah,I spelled it that way on purpose)folks fits better.If you want to see a moron go back to the vidsite and find the vid about Shark Surfing,that's a moron in technocolor for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by staythecourse View Post
    After 3 weeks of beekeeping (without veil, gloves, nor smoker) my entire view of bees has changed, That was me 4 weeks ago!
    you should come see my Grizzly bear , Look i how i poke him, he lets me poke him with a stick. he won't do anything its ok. Wait,..... Did i feed him today?

Lightbulb just uneducated people

I agree just uneducated people...

None of us were born knowing what we know, but we learned, each of us having a different path

and here we are

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast