Default combining swarm with queenless hive

looking for advice...
    I have a queenless hive that has developed a laying worker. Obviously, the brood box is becoming a mess with drone larvae everywhere, eggs laid on the sides of cells instead of the bottom, etc. The worker population has dramatically decline. It's been this way for about 3 weeks now.

I had the opportunity last night to capture a swarm at a friend's house. My first, how exciting!

Now I want to combine the swarm with the queenless hive.

At the moment, the swarm is in a hive body sitting on top of the queenless hive. They are separated by screen wire right now, so some of the swarm queen's pheromone is wafting down to the queenless hive.

What's the best way to combine? Will a simple newspaper combine work?

Do I need to get rid of the laying worker first? If so, how do you do that?

Thanks for the advice.

Default combining swarms

combining the swarm and the queenless hive is your best approach. My first thoughts were to advise you to just remove the screen that separates the two brood chambers but, maybe it would be better to switch the screen with a piece of paper and let the bees to slowly combine themselfs.

Default combining swarms

Combining the swarm and the queenless hive is your best approach. My first thoughts were to advise you to just remove the screen that separates the two brood chambers but, maybe it would be better to switch the screen with a piece of newspaper and let the bees to slowly combine themselfs.