Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why are we wasting time on this silliness when there is a cure-all, already in place.
    Cures nosema, foulbrood, mites, viruses; you name it!
    Check it out:

http://www.magneticare.net/images/iMed~rxmagnets.jpg

AND, AND,,,if you strap one to your fuel line in your bee truck you will triple your mileage!
    Really! It works!
    Serious!
    I'm not just making this up.
    Why are you staring at me?
    I have exactly ONE hive more than you.
    That makes my opinion beyond question.

Default Sillyness, mot at all

Harry, Go back 20 to 30 years in beekeeping, meet a ave. beekeeper in 1985, then tell him or her the following thing are being put on your hive, see what the reaction is, probably the same as your's now, disbelief.

Pollen Substitute
    menthol
    taktic
    maverick
    cumophose
    thymoil
    fumigillian-b
    tylan
    grease patties
    essential oils. many varieties
    nutritional supplements in pollen sub & syrup
    etc.

So, when someone offers up a possible solution, I would suggest to look at it from the furture of beeking and were we need to be.

As stated many times on this site: 3 main things, Mite, Nosema & NUTRITION. This fits under nutrition.

Also, do some research in history of Europe, check out the Blue Bloods (Artisocracy) and there survival during the plauges.

Larry

Has anyone used Colliodal Silver, Well anyone?
    Apparently only one so far.

The Hive and the Honey Bee calls it a protozoan...the 41st edition of ABC & XYZ calls it an organism. Just in the last year they decided to change it to a Fungus.
    Thanks Dan. Every book I have calls nosema a protozoa, but when I did a Google search, I did discover that it had been reclassified. Was my face red! In fact one of the Google hits brought me right back to a BeeSource thread.

probably the same as your's now, disbelief.
    Yeah! lighten up and chill out Harry!! Or have you forgotten about the ‘Delete me’ thread already?

It would be a good Idea to get your bees tested for nosema. If they have it, feed the colloidal silver for a week and then have your bees tested again. Feed for a couple more weeks, doing a test a week. It is best to try this on several colonys at once and You also need control colonys that are infected and untreated. Have them tested weekly also. This is the only way to find out if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by allrawpaul View Post
    It would be a good Idea to get your bees tested for nosema. If they have it, feed the colloidal silver for a week and then have your bees tested again. Feed for a couple more weeks, doing a test a week. It is best to try this on several colonys at once and You also need control colonys that are infected and untreated. Have them tested weekly also. This is the only way to find out if it works.
    I would not buy honey from a guy who goes by the name ALLRAWPAUL if I knew he had put colloidal silver in his hives. All raw, but polluted with chemicals, probably not approved for bees.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kraemer View Post
    You have to take thousands of times more than the daily recommended dose for your skin to turn blue.
    MMmmm - there seems to be some debate of the actual dose required, though many silver products will not cause the effect (they cause no effect, good or bad, but that is another story), the problem si that they are so unreliable as to content that you never really know what you are getting. Many silver colloid preparations contain ionic silver salts.

http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php...n2/argyria.xml
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria
    http://dermatology.cdlib.org/111/cas...a/wadhera.html
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11107524

But its recommended to AIDS and Cancer patients all the time for fungal infections, and children with pink eye.
    If you are talking about ingesting it, one would have to ask whom is making this recommendation. Silver is used topically on wounds. Ingestion . . .not so much, at least not by most folks with a license to prescribe . . .

its safe if you follow directions.
    There is also no documented efficacy of colloidal silver when taken internally. It is an effective disinfectant at concentrations of approximately 5 ppm though. This is topical use, and on surfaces. Having said that it's use has been largely replaced by more effective, safer products.

(I'm a nurse)
    I am not.

Keith
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryVanderpool View Post
    Why are you staring at me?

'Cause we think you have a magnetic personality . . .

Keith
    Bee Sting Honey - So Good, It Hurts!

Good point Oddfrank! You will also have to do testing after the season to see if there is colloidal silver contamination in the honey and in the honeycomb. It May not be the greatest idea to do a lot of experimentation if you dont have the resources to use the proper meathods and test all the results.

Hi Miss Kraemer! Just a note about colloidal silver. I've been using it for over 8 years. I make my own using medical grade silver. It is the ONLY way to trust it. One will NEVER turn grey if they use 99.9% food/medical grade silver in it's preparation. Know your source!! Anyone who comments against it has not done their research or homework. I like your thinking about researching for a new approach. Where would we bee if everyone followed the leader?

Default silver

so miss kramer did th silver help?

Default Re: Has anyone treated nosema with coloidal silver?

The product is well documented to work in mammals of several species. I have never read anything about it on insects. Miss Kraemer- can you tell me what about your results with your bees? Do you know of a good vendor, or have any experience with this site: colloidshttp://www.purestcolloids.com/effectiveness.php Thanks.
    Last edited by RoseDeResht; 05-19-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Has anyone treated nosema with coloidal silver?

I have just now discovered this thread. I am a keen advocate od colloidal silver and gold. I have used silver for twenty years in order to solve a life long Candida yeast condition that had gone systemic. I asked my Russian contact beek as to their controls for bee ailments and when he got to Nosema he described CS and how it also helped agains AFB. CS was our only antibiotic until Penecillin was discovered in 1942. CS can be made at home very simply. I have been taking CS for years and sell it in my 'comb honey for allergies' honey store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12