Default 'Nother Bee Tree coming down

I hope this in my last bee tree. It's just a lot of work but the memories are wonderful. This one is huge at the base and most of it's upper large trunks have fallen. The hive is near the top of the main trunk where they took over the entrance of a Piliated woodpecker. The main problem may turn out to bee that when it comes down the section with the hive in it may crack open. I'm not to sure, if this happens, whether to leave the hive in the woods overnight, if possible so the bees can collect themselves or proceed to take all parts up the hill to the beeyard where we'll cut the brood out and put it in frames. Any thoughts or experiences??? Thanks! Tanya

Can you complete the cutout on the spot where it falls? Let them cool down for maybe 30 minutes then start cutting and placing in frames. Then leave the boxes over night to gather the stragglers.

Just a suggestion

I'm glad you mentioned that. I was wondering if that would work. It certainly is an option. The tree is going to be felled up a rise and I expect it will be hanging about 5 feet in the air. Then I was planning on backing the tractor with a cart under it and cutting it into the cart. But from the looks of it, I do expect it will break apart. If it does then I think your suggestion would be the best option. Thanks! Tanya