Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Modified Formula

I know this is an old discussion but I was just wondering if there were any further changes Alpha6 to your recipe and also if it can be alternated with tea tree oil to ensure no resistance to thyme and if so at what proportions.
    I would also love to know how its been working for you over the last few years.

Thanks Shellyanne for bringing this thread forward-Thanks also to Alpha for the info--
    I was wondering how this recipe compared to Mann Lakes "Pro Health" feeding stimulant
    with essential oils??
    The ingredients are nearly the same "sucrose,water,spearmint oil,lemongrass oil, thymol,
    lecthin" Is one stronger than the other?
    Pro-Health is a concentrate, and it gives mixing direction on the bottle for mixing into 1/1
    syrup mix, just wondered if anyone can give a comparison... thanks

==McBee7==

Quote Originally Posted by Shelleyanne View Post
    I know this is an old discussion but I was just wondering if there were any further changes Alpha6 to your recipe and also if it can be alternated with tea tree oil to ensure no resistance to thyme and if so at what proportions.
    I would also love to know how its been working for you over the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBee7 View Post
    Thanks Shellyanne for bringing this thread forward-Thanks also to Alpha for the info--
    I was wondering how this recipe compared to Mann Lakes "Pro Health" feeding stimulant
    with essential oils??
    The ingredients are nearly the same "sucrose,water,spearmint oil,lemongrass oil, thymol,
    lecthin" Is one stronger than the other?
    Pro-Health is a concentrate, and it gives mixing direction on the bottle for mixing into 1/1
    syrup mix, just wondered if anyone can give a comparison... thanks

==McBee7==
    I believe it has been determined that the recipe using "15 drops" is far too weak in oils to be compared to Honey-B-Healthy or Pro-Health. You might want to read this thread :

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ial+oil+recipe
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Thank you BeeCurious for the redirect and info....

==McBee7==

Default Re: essential oils in syrup

just curious....do you read these EO bottles to see if they are for consumption or aromatherapy....most are for the latter.....purity and ways of extraction are also contributing factors to mixing EO's....also we use EO's in our diet and wintergreen &eucoliptus are the 2 they say not to consume[their recommendation]

Lebermuth sells essential oils by the pound.

Many are not only flavorings, they're Kosher.
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Word of caution to folks mixing EOs for the first time: DON'T DO IT IN THE KITCHEN (unless, of course, you actually want a divorce)! They stink and the smell lingers, especially the tea tree oil. And don't--whatever you do--spill any of it. (Do not ask how I know this! )

Rusty
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

Thanks Rusty, because that is EXACTLY what I had been planning on doing, now I wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Hills Farm View Post
    Word of caution to folks mixing EOs for the first time: DON'T DO IT IN THE KITCHEN (unless, of course, you actually want a divorce)! They stink and the smell lingers, especially the tea tree oil. And don't--whatever you do--spill any of it. (Do not ask how I know this! )

Rusty
    My wife has a pretty sensitive nose (I don't) and I did do this in the kitchen. She complained for days. I try now to do it when she is not home so it has a chance to clear out. I actually like it.

I use to work for a company, who put tea tree oil in all of their products. They made us memorize the properties of the oil, one of which was "aromatic", that is polite speak for it stinks. I would occasionally visit the manufacturing plant and the smell would about knock you over. One of the others is "caustic" probably why you don't want to spill it. It makes some good cleaning products. A lady that I work with now uses one of their cleaning products, diluted down to spray ants, kills them quick. A couple of drops goes a long ways and I do use a couple in my eo formula.
    Clay
    BlakelysBees.com