Default Plastic hive boxes

Has anyone used these I know they are more expensive but do they work well or are they worthless?

Other than being a little lighter, I think they have some definite
    disadvantages. They would be colder in the winter, plastic conducts cold better than wood. When you get your cold winters in Nebraska the plastic would be prone to cracking and they seem expensive.
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

They will also trap more moisture in the hive.

I tried them for a year. One immediate problem was that they are slippery at the mating surfaces and the top box would slide partway off of the bottom box from wind. I drilled and pinned them to stop that. Also I noticed less comb-building near the sides, which I attributed to less insulation. As noted, there is no ability to absorb moisture. I stopped using them for bees and now use them for frame storage and may try them for swarm catchers.

I had a swarm that absolutely would not stay in a plastic box. Haven't used them since.
    Try to learn something new every day and give thanks for all your blessings.

Gingerbee:

You just gave me an idea about uses for plastic hive boxes. Because of the lightweight nature of them they would make great bait boxes for catching swarms. Lugging them into a tree and better yet lugging them out of the tree full of honeybees would be easier.
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

I have a few older plastic hive bodies and supers that are still in use. They have warped over time and this makes it impossible to use them with a divider board for multi-way nucs. When I got these from a yard sale they came with plastic inner covers and plastic bottom boards. The first thing to go were inner covers - warped to point of being unusable. Bottom boards warped just about as bad but were really replaced due to my switch over to all SBBs. Due to my experience I would never buy any more plastic.
    Bee all you can Bee!
    http://www.hamiltonapiary.net