Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Who has best frames?

6K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  d.asly 
#1 ·
What supplier has the best frames? What kind of wood are made from? thanks! Paul.

#3 ·
I actually like MannLake frames the best. But with shipping costs, I order from places I can pick up. I bought my last batch from Beeline Aparies in Bedford Pa., for .49 each and I picked them up. Can't beat that. When beeline started, they had a few issues. But they have worked that out and are much better now.

#5 ·
Thanx for the "recommendation" :)

I need to let everyone know . . . that at this time and maybe for the next couple of months, I am unable to accept (promise ship date) any more NEW orders.

I've been overwhelmed w/ work (frames and "normal other stuff").

Thanx to everyone!

#6 ·
I buy exclusively from Dadant. I buy the larger quantities for the price break and drive over and pick them up to avoid any additional shipping cost. I am happy with them, however I wouldn't hesitate buying Walter Kelly frames based on all the positive comments I've read here on Beesource.

#7 ·
I have bought my last two orders from WesternBee. They have had "specials" on both times I talked to them. Economy grade is fine by me, because I have seen only two frames so far that I would call a second, and the problems they had were both easy fixes....I would suppose that all manufacturers do a good job---it's only the pricing that seems to set them apart in my untrained eyes. Sometimes, you know I think that you are paying a portion of the cost for the name brand.

#9 ·
Best frames

I bought some W.Kelly frames and liked them. Real dast shipping to me. They came with the nails you needed so no extra weight having to buy a pound of 3 separate types of nails.
Just a newbee's opinion! Eventually I'll get hooked into this hobby and buy nails and frames by the ton but not yet!

#12 ·
Not to be egotistical, but I like my frames the best. They are a combination of designs; mainly based on Charles Martin Simon's Un-foundation frames and George Killion's frame designs detailed in his "Honey in the Comb" book. I can make two complete frames out of one 19" length of 2x4 (using only a table saw). Since I have gone foundation-less, I have not seen any varroa in any of my hives. They all had varroa before. Every once in awhile the bees will "curve" a comb from one frame to another. I just trim the comb and press it into alignment with the bar. I would like to post instructions on how to make them if anyone is interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.