Default the queen ecscaped

i was installing some packages, on one of them i was running the nail up thru the candy and when i looked down the cork on the other end fell out and the queen was heading down between two frames, dont get queens marked or clipped and and i didnt know if she would take off if i went after her, i dumped the bees in on top of frames, they did the normal fanning and went down in the frames, this has never happened before and im wondering if i totaly bloched it up or if they will accept her.

Depends how long they've been packaged together. Actually, it depends on the bees. I would say that the odds are good that they'll be fine. Keep an eye on things for a while.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Quote Originally Posted by twd8711 View Post
    i was installing some packages, on one of them i was running the nail up thru the candy and when i looked down the cork on the other end fell out and the queen was heading down between two frames, dont get queens marked or clipped and and i didnt know if she would take off if i went after her, i dumped the bees in on top of frames, they did the normal fanning and went down in the frames, this has never happened before and im wondering if i totaly bloched it up or if they will accept her.
    I had the same exact thing happen to me this spring. The cork in the top popped out and the queen jumped (quickly) into the deep.

I just put everything together and let it sit.

They acted very strange the second day I found a baseball sized cluster under the bottom board, I assume the queen wanted to go for a stroll and one outside they clustered around her.

Anyway I scooped them up and put them back in the hive.

After they they seemed to settle down and all is well now, she's laying and looks like a nice pattern too.

I wouldn't worry to much, look for eggs in 10 days or so.

K

I would direct release her anyway. She ran down in, so I think you're set.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

hey thanks for the replys, im guessing they have bee caged for about 2 days, man isnt this internet stuff great, back a couple of years ago or so you would have to wait until you saw another beek or try to call someone and hope they would have some expeiriance with the subject
    m bush so im guessing you release your queens direct, iv always questioned how that would work